Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x5"

2x5"

i was thinking of splitting a 5x4" darkslide in 2 so i can expose two panoramic shots onto one sheet, will the edge of the darkslide create a sharp edge on the neg????

Re: 2x5"

Yes, as long as it's nice and straight and smooth. I've done the same with 8x10".

I've been thinkin of doing the same thing. Just don't have an extra darkslide at the moment. Make the cut just under 2", that way when you turn it over and shot the other half, there will be a thin strip between the two exposures.

And tie it to the camera with a string so you will not be tempted to pull out the holder with the half slide still in.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jimi-the-jive View Post
    i was thinking of splitting a 5x4" darkslide in 2 so i can expose two panoramic shots onto one sheet, will the edge of the darkslide create a sharp edge on the neg????
    That actually gives you two shots that are incredibly close to the 6X12cm Panorama. With proper tracking, you should get four panorama's on one double holder, with perspective control. If a roll of 120 gives 8 6X9 shots, that would mean that one double holder would almost be the equivalent of using one roll of 120 film for panoramas. An economical plus, considering that a 6X12 panorama camera alone with no perspective controls would approach prices of $800 to 1,000 for some of the lesser expensive variations.

All of these shots were made this way. It works great. I cut out a piece of matboard 2x5 to cover the ground glass portion that is unused to help with composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu View Post
    All of these shots were made this way. It works great. I cut out a piece of matboard 2x5 to cover the ground glass portion that is unused to help with composition.
    Nice shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu View Post
    Nice work indeed. The compositions are very nice and I like the image tonality. What film do you use?

Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    What film do you use?
    Thanks. These are with Fomapan 100 (Arista.Edu Ultra) at EI 50 in HC110. I took Saint Ansel's word at face value and bought 500 sheets with my first 4x5 camera and still have a few to go.

Anyone ever made one of these out of birch plywood or something else? Seems a shame to trash a functioning darkslide.