Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below, however. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Large Format Photography Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Large Format Photography Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
Here are the basic "rules" of the forum. You can view the entire FAQ and Guidelines here if you wish.
- The forum is only for questions specific to LF photography.
General photography questions and questions related to photography with other formats should be asked elsewhere, for instance on photo.net, although there is a bit of tolerance for frequent contributors.
- Before you post a basic question to this forum,
please make sure you have quickly browsed the LF page,
and searched the site using the search box on the main page.
You will find the answers to many basic questions there.
- Be sure to give a descriptive title to your question. For people searching or browsing the archives, a nonsensical or
uninformative subject (like "Oops!" or "Read this!") just makes it
harder for people to find answers to questions.
- Classifieds (for sale or wanted ads) should only be posted to the Classified sub-forum, and are limited to personal equipment of registered users. Posts by dealers are not allowed.
- Links to published articles - Direct links (i.e. not through index pages that contain promotional text or blatant advertising) to on-topic published articles are OK to post, as long as those pages are freely available to all (i.e. no paid subscription required), and do not require further contact with the poster to gain access.
- When posting links to material on other web sites, please provide a link to the material, not the home page of the site. Repetitive postings of links to other discussion boards are not appropriate.
- Do not post test messages. If you want to participate, just go ahead and post a question. You can use the "Preview Post" button to see what the post will look like.
- Maintaining Forum Decorum. To have a healthy and informative forum, it's essential that participants maintain a respectful and professional decorum. Name calling, personal attacks, character assassination, coarse or inappropriate language, or enticing/baiting others to violate forum guidelines will not be tolerated here.
Our moderators are volunteers and are not able to constantly monitor threads throughout the day. If you find a post offensive, please notify the moderator group by clicking the icon at the lower left of the offending post, or through the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of the page.
- Conferences, Workshops, Books and Gallery Openings - Announcements of conferences, workshops, book releases and gallery openings may be posted to the Announcements sub-forum (one per event only, please).
- Other Commercial Posts - Except as noted above, other "commercial" posts promoting your own business enterprise, or one to which you are connected, are not allowed.
- Your Responsibilities - By accessing this site, you agree:
- to keep your posts on-topic and civil, and
- not to abuse other site users - including posting offensive comments (like personal attacks or insulting language), sending them unsolicited bulk email or commercial solicitations, or baiting/enticing them to violate forum guidelines.
Posts that fall outside the guidelines are subject to deletion. Participants who repeatedly violate the guidelines can have their right to participate suspended or permanently revoked.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.
The owners of Large Format Photography Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or thread for any reason.