Large Format Photography . Info
(also known as LFphoto.info for brevity)
Non-commercial community of large format photographers,
includes a repository of primers, how-to articles,
user's reviews of equipment, and an active discussion forum.
Edited by QT Luong,
written by many contributors.
Updated April 2015
Questions & Answers Forum
How to get started in large format photography
Taking the picture
Traditional processing and printing
QT Luong's general purpose camera bag 09/2004
Daniel Geiger's camera bag 02/2007
- Shutters: history and use 11/2006
- More on shutters: general info, packard
shutters, copals, compurs, protors. 7/2001 (rev)
- Lensboard hole sizes 10/2003
- Sheet Film holders: classical double
holders, grafmatics, quickloads, readyloads. 7/2004 (rev)
- Shen Hao 6x17 roll-film back 2/2005
- Shen Hao SH612 Multi-format roll-film back 1/2006
- Enhanced focussing screens: Beattie,
fresnels... are they really useful ? 7/1998 (rev)
- Filters: center, polarizers,
rectangular systems. 9/2000
- The Zone VI regular tripod:
Is it the best damm tripod in the world ?
- Surveyor Tripod Conversion: cheap and indestructable 09/2009
- Tripod heads: Pan-Tilt heads,
Ball-heads, QR systems. 10/2004 (rev)
- Backpack survey: carry all this
gear for those "unphotogenic" opportunities. 5/1999 (rev)
- Black Jacket focussing cloth 7/2005
The two following links are affiliate links.
When you click on either of those two vendors links, you are taken to
their site with an ID that identifies largeformatphotography.info as refering you.
If you purchase something during that session on either site, we get a small commission at no cost to you, so if you plan to shop there, you might as well follow those links !
- B&H: the most complete stock of photographic gear, including hard-to-find professional/specialized items.
- Amazon.com: for everything else.