Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eclectic Collection of Images

Re: Eclectic Collection of Images

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    great photographs Kanga !

I have been here for a few years and I will never post anything anywhere full size. ( full size I see as being giant resolution and giant image size .. 7x7 at 72 dpi is full size enough for me on the internet, no point in any bigger, mainly for a phone ? ) ..

I look forward to seeing more of your image making -
    John

ps. a pinhole with a lens behind it is a lens with a tiny fstop, not a modified pinhole
    Hi John,
    I know what you mean about not posting full resolution - if I scan my 11x14in negatives it equates to about a 9 gigapixel sensor or about 84,000 pixels on the long edge!
    And yes I agree with your comment about my modified pinhole camera - it has a lens with a tiny f/stop - I guess I was really describing how this camera evolved

Thanks for your compliments on my images.

Cheers Kanga

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by peterkinchington View Post
    Hi John,
    I know what you mean about not posting full resolution - if I scan my 11x14in negatives it equates to about a 9 gigapixel sensor or about 84,000 pixels on the long edge!
    And yes I agree with your comment about my modified pinhole camera - it has a lens with a tiny f/stop - I guess I was really describing how this camera evolved

Thanks for your compliments on my images.

Cheers Kanga
    9GP, yikes, that's a big picture !
    I do my best to scan lite, both my computer and my brain have memory cards that seem close to full

John

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    great photographs Kanga !

I look forward to seeing more of your image making -

John
    Hi John,
    Here are two more images for you. I took them as part of a collaborative project with other photographers. Basically participants were sent a Harman Titan 8x10in pinhole camera to use and a double dark slide loaded with Harman Direct Positive Black and White Paper. The contrast of this paper is extremely high even though I photographed the buildings using soft overcast/cloudy ambient light. I exposed both images for 30min @ f/288 3iso rated (150mm focal length). What I particularly like about long exposures in the city is that even though the traffic was heavy in the first image (Flinders St Railway Station in Melbourne, Australia) it does not show up because it is on the move. Likewise in the second image (Exhibition Buildings in Melbourne) - the pedestrian traffic was heavy - but not a single person shows up in the image.
    Please click on image to enlarge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7inWB_Flinders St_Station_Melbourne.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	249893

Name:	5x7inWB_Exhibition_Buildings_Melbourne.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	249894

Cheers (G'day) Kanga
    Last edited by peterkinchington; 13-May-2024 at 13:14.

Treeferns and Mountain Ash,
    I took this landscape in the Dandenongs National Park. I used a 300mm f/9 soviet era process lens. Exposure was 15min@f/90. Film was 4x5in fomapan 100 rated @ 50iso and developed in 1:100 rodinal using stand development. Please click on image to enlarge

Name:	Treeferns_MountainAsh-1296pix.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	249925

Cheers Kanga

multiplex

Hi John,
    Here are two more images for you. I took them as part of a collaborative project with other photographers. Basically participants were sent a Harman Titan 8x10in pinhole camera to use and a double dark slide loaded with Harman Direct Positive Black and White Paper. The contrast of this paper is extremely high even though I photographed the buildings using soft overcast/cloudy ambient light. I exposed both images for 30min @ f/288 3iso rated (150mm focal length). What I particularly like about long exposures in the city is that even though the traffic was heavy in the first image (Flinders St Railway Station in Melbourne, Australia) it does not show up because it is on the move. Likewise in the second image (Exhibition Buildings in Melbourne) - the pedestrian traffic was heavy - but not a single person shows up in the image.
    Please click on image to enlarge

Name:	5x7inWB_Flinders St_Station_Melbourne.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	249893

Name:	5x7inWB_Exhibition_Buildings_Melbourne.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	249894

Cheers (G'day) Kanga
    Nice!
    I also love how anything below 1/2S vanishes everything that's not nailed down.

Treeferns and Mountain Ash,
    I took this landscape in the Dandenongs National Park. I used a 300mm f/9 soviet era process lens. Exposure was 15min@f/90. Film was 4x5in fomapan 100 rated @ 50iso and developed in 1:100 rodinal using stand development. Please click on image to enlarge

Name:	Treeferns_MountainAsh-1296pix.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	249925

Cheers Kanga
    Interesting shot - I never thought that Treeferns and Mountain Ash would exist in the same environment.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Interesting shot - I never thought that Treeferns and Mountain Ash would exist in the same environment.
    Martin
    Hi Martin,

This forest type is known as Wet Sclerophyll - it is found in the Australian states of Victoria and Tasmania - it is my favourite forest type with the ancient looking tree ferns and the magnificent Mountain Ash (Eucalyptus regnans) the tallest flowering plant (angiosperm) in the world they can grow over 100 metres in height.
    Please find attached another image of a mountain ash tree in the Dandenongs - locals call it the Monkey Tree because they see monkey faces in the tree burls. This image was taken with my 8x10in camera with 210mm lens on lith film rated at 3iso for 1hour @ f/90. Stand development in 1:150 rodinal. Click image to enlarge

Name:	Peter-Kinchington_The-Monkey-Tree.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	249935

Cheers Kanga
    Last edited by peterkinchington; 14-May-2024 at 12:08.

Peter, you're doing good work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Peter, you're doing good work. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your support.
    Cheers Kanga