Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist Refuses Prize After His AI Image Wins at Top Photo Contest

Re: Artist Refuses Prize After His AI Image Wins at Top Photo Contest

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    photography might be a witness to some sort of reality, but most realities have never looked like photographs, photography has always been unreliable and a liar (nearly pathological at times) just like AI .. same old same old, the only thing is it indexed "something" with a "device" ..
    True, but most people have learned how most straightforward photography relates to reality.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    True, but most people have learned how most straightforward photography relates to reality.
    is photography ever straightforward ? seems far fetched to think photography is straightforward. it's like hopes and dreams and thoughts and prayers .. but whatever ...

is photography ever straightforward ? seems far fetched to think photography is straightforward. it's like hopes and dreams and thoughts and prayers .. but whatever ...
    Most people do think so. But most people also have hopes and aspirations, too. None of it is real.

I don’t think very much if any art will have much value in 100 years, not AI or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    This too will pass

We will sort it out

But NOT AI will be more valuable in 100 years

multiplex

Most people do think so. But most people also have hopes and aspirations, too. None of it is real.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    I don’t think very much if any art will have much value in 100 years, not AI or not.
    Art has been with us and valued for centuries. Why do you think it will suddenly come to a halt? Dou you know something no-one else does, like the end of civilization or the world?

AI will soon dominate all the large data tasks, like coding, translation and even general imagery. If it takes years to learn it and basically anyone can become an advanced or mediocre professional, irrelevant of IQ, that profession may die. Most commercial photography would be in this bucket for me. Some things will still need real photos though like the new Toyota Camry or similar.

I'm not so sure on the fine art side of things. I would imagine we will see some pretty creative things pop up.

I have been using it almost every day recently and it has put a significant multiple on the amount and breadth of work I can accomplish. It's not perfect yet, but it is very very good.
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Quote Originally Posted by willwilson View Post
    AI will soon dominate all the large data tasks, like coding, translation and even general imagery. If it takes years to learn it and basically anyone can become an advanced or mediocre professional, irrelevant of IQ, that profession may die. Most commercial photography would be in this bucket for me. Some things will still need real photos though like the new Toyota Camry or similar.

I'm not so sure on the fine art side of things. I would imagine we will see some pretty creative things pop up.

I have been using it almost every day recently and it has put a significant multiple on the amount and breadth of work I can accomplish. It's not perfect yet, but it is very very good.
    Sorry, but that new Toyota Camry is already CGI, and has been for over a decade.

People ran out of the theater in fear there were about to be crushed when the Lumiere Brothers projected their motion picture of a train approaching.

multiplex

People ran out of the theater in fear there were about to be crushed when the Lumiere Brothers projected their motion picture of a train approaching.

that doesn't really mean they thought it was "reality" or they would have somehow thought the government had silently constructed rail road tracks at the theatre between when they walked up to it and sat down and the train was silently approaching them.. that's no reality I have ever heard of...