Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with Robert White?

Experience with Robert White?

The best prices, the best service, simple as that. And Robert is very knowledgeable also...he will do anything to help facilitate your order...and best of all, he has a great sense of humor - a true Brit! Best of luck....

What a pleasure! Nice man, excellent service, fair prices.

John,

UPS acts as a customs broker (for which they charge a fee of about $5.00) for international shipments. After looking at the invoice where the vendor writes a description of items including country of origin, UPS makes a judgement as to which of the 1000's of categories the item fall for duty purposes. Each import category has different terms and conditions. The duty as determined by UPS + brokerage charges are due upon arrival of the package at your doorstep.

For photographic items alone, there must be over 100 categories. Many LF items seem to fall into three categories (from the customs website):

HTS Number 90069100: Parts and accessories for photographic cameras, not cinematographic 5.8% rate

HTS Number 90021190: Objective lenses and parts & access. thereof, for cameras, projectors, or photographic enlargers or reducers, except projection, nesi 2.3% rate

HTS Number 90065990: Photographic cameras, other than fixed focus, valued over $10 each, nesi 0.0% rate

I've dealed several times with Robert White and the service is first class. R. White and team are very efficient and its a pleasure to work with them.

Not only are their prices great, but Robert White offers probably the best service I've ever gotten from any camera store. I've written them many emails inquiring about new equipment being released (scanners), cameras (the new Bronica 645 Rangefinder), pricing, compatibility issues, and hard to find accessories, and in all instances, they've tracked down information from the manufacturers and gotten back to me. For any large purchase for which they can save me money(and for which I'm willing to forego a U.S. warranty), Robert White is my first choice.

Jean-Louis Llech

Yes, Robert White is really second to none. I live in France and I recently bought a 6x6 TLR camera.Working with him and his team is a real pleasure. His prices are probably the lowest in Europe. Here in France, prices of LF and MF equipment are a real SHAME. For example you'll pay a Mamiya RZ 67 system about 45% cheaper than in France (and VAT is 2,1% higher in France) I'm sorry for french importers and retailers, but I first worry about my bank account ! Absolutely NO problems for ordering, payment, shipping... Robert White is a gentleman too. No mail without an answer.