Page 357 of 404 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4031

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

Hi Folks

Just been printing a bunch and I need to warn people of what I think is a really bad batch of paper...

the paper in question is Arches Platine and I must point out there is both good and bad paper out there.. The bad paper is 22 x 30 in size and the sticker is on the good side of the paper not the bad side.. I noted this problem a year ago, and like a fool I gave it another chance..
    the Arches Platine that has the sticker on the back side is good...
    just thought you all may want to know if you purchase this paper as its 18 dollars a pop.

Bob

Bob, Is the paper bad or is it the sticker placement?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Bob, Is the paper bad or is it the sticker placement?
    the paper is bad IMO and I think the bastards put the sticker on the front so the distribution chain would be able to know which stock they may if the end user clues in bitches about it. I ruined pretty much two days work and a couple of hundred dollars of materials .
    It happened before and I thought it was just the sticker- shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    the paper is bad IMO and I think the bastards put the sticker on the front so the distribution chain would be able to know which stock they may if the end user clues in bitches about it. I ruined pretty much two days work and a couple of hundred dollars of materials .
    It happened before and I thought it was just the sticker- shame on me.
    Contact Christina Anderson about this bad run of Arches Platine. There was a long discussion about it on the anti-list some months ago. Might be possible to get some of your money back from the maker or supplier.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Bryce Canyon, Utah
    Print size: 8x12
    Medium : IR 24K Gold Leaf Platinum print
    I love these and this one is wonderful... wish I could see what it looks like in person.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Hi Folks

Just been printing a bunch and I need to warn people of what I think is a really bad batch of paper...

the paper in question is Arches Platine and I must point out there is both good and bad paper out there.. The bad paper is 22 x 30 in size and the sticker is on the good side of the paper not the bad side.. I noted this problem a year ago, and like a fool I gave it another chance..
    the Arches Platine that has the sticker on the back side is good...
    just thought you all may want to know if you purchase this paper as its 18 dollars a pop.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Can you please describe what you observed?

Thanks.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

When I pre shrunk the paper I could see right through the paper for one , I also observed some lines almost like an impression a leaf leaves on concrete after time... when I coated the palladium, it sucked up the palladium like crazy.

When I printed the palladium the image looked fine... next day I did gum overers and the pigment stain was incredible to the point I could not wash out the pigment.. It was like it went right through the paper.
    I dropped my exposure time from 80 units to 35 units and it still would not release.
    My soaking proceedure was as normal and today I am using a different batch of Arches which I know does not do this........ The tell tale marking is the sticker on the print side of the paper.

Thank you Bob!
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    I love these and this one is wonderful... wish I could see what it looks like in person.
    Thanks Nedl, Glad you enjoyed it.

I also have a package of the bad stuff...but I knew it was bad and I use it for carbon printing and it works fine. I also got it for half price. About 6 bucks a sheet. I'll have to check and see where the sticker is on them. Bob, it was just under $12 per 22x30 sheet at my local art store...