Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LFPF censorship and moderation

Re: LFPF censorship and moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Do you have any proof that a "silent majority" are for (or against) moderator actions??
    "Silent Majority"? Hmmm seems like I remember a famous person using that term. Oh, yes, it was Dick Nixon in 1969. Spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    The message that should be heard from my silence until this point is that I'm weary of those complainers who think they, rather than the site's owner and his agents, ought make and enforce its rules. I'm tired of them not going off and founding their own anarchic forums to discuss all the "art" (whatever they decide the word means) they want.

In other words, support for moderators' decisions in threads like this garners only accusations of sucking up. So I've remained part of the 'silent majority' who stay out of the bitch fests until it seems our absence is being used as a cudgel against the moderators.

For the record, I neither participated in the subject locked thread nor used the "Report Post" function in connection with it.
    The issue is that the rules are applied unevenly in a way that exhibits bias. Also, what makes you think your view is shared by the majority? You're right that silence isn't agreement, but you stray from the mark after that.

So Oren uses "my words" as justifications. I call BS. Even in what I wrote, I did not call for Transgender Rights or anything political like that. I present MY CASE as to why I photograph the subjects.

And there are plenty of threads where moderators delete multiple replies in a row. This is what should have been done.

And to mention Nazi and KKK are the "same issue" further shows the moderators' true colors.

As for "unexpected" thread, the TITLE of the thread clearly says what it is. If the browser or the app you use does not display it, I have tried my best.

Look in the mirror, if the images do not make you uncomfortable, but their stories do, then ask yourself why.

8thsamurai

The moderators make me uncomfortable.

I wonder what would happen if photographs of the people in Richard's thread were posted in the Nudes thread - without words, even?

Quote Originally Posted by 8thsamurai View Post
    Climate change is a hot button issue when will you be adding photos of; cars, trees, mines of any kind, fires, plastic, people, roads, stores, and air to the list of banned subjects? Thank you in advance for your learned and not at all personally biased response.
    We've never had a problem with photography--this is a photography forum. The photos are welcome. Personally, I thought they made the desired point here all by themselves.

Rick "wondering if we are photographers" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Count the number of posters in this thread complaining. Compare to the total number of members. Reach you own conclusion.
    There is absolutely no correlation between how many posts are made vs. how many members are active or look at a thread and whether or not they agree! To even suggest such a thing is appallingly dense.

In twelve hours we are approaching 7,000 views - despite the forum software saying we only have 3,000 "active" members and about 750 members online right now. Many of those views are probably the same people reading multiple pages or coming back but for the thousands of others who are passive readers, you assign them opinions based on your own??

Your bias is obvious here. I don't think you are sucking up but I do think you are as guilty as anyone to wanting the forum run the way you want it run.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    We've never had a problem with photography--this is a photography forum. The photos are welcome. Personally, I thought they made the desired point here all by themselves.

With the "Hearts on our Sleeves" thread having been open without incident for three months and with Richard having made actually political comments about certain subjects in his sci-fi portraits series, you can see how we might have thought the words that accompany the photos were welcome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post
    I wonder what would happen if photographs of the people in Richard's thread were posted in the Nudes thread - without words, even?
    The pictures without words would be fine in a "Portraits" thread. We've said as much, but Richard's view is that for his purposes the parts are inseparable. That's fine; we respect his decision not to post if he cannot do it in exactly the way he wants.

8thsamurai

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

Sorry but the official position of the forum staff is that photographs are an unintended side effect of the materials-and-methods used to create photographs. Photographs are not welcome, they are auxiliary.