View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 84 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGator View Post
    Ben,

Congrats on the success of the camera!

Just to be clear, is the plastic ground glass included with the camera? If so, how clear is it? Does it work well?
    HOST A TUPPERWARE PARTY!!

Well, I've cut large tupperware and other opaque plastic trays to get ground glass for both large format and 2X3. In fact just a few weeks ago, I pulled out my 2X3 inch Plastic Ground Glass (source Tupperware) and taped it to the film plane rails in my Fuji G690bl Texas Rangefinder. That's how I calibrate all my rangefinder camera's. Ever try to find a ground glass for 35mm. My Kiev (KNEB) 35mm rangefinder is calibrated with Tupper sourced plastic. Some people us wax paper, and some people use the opaques Scotch Tape.

I just host a Tupperware party. OH and a bonus is that the local Tupperware hostess Is HOTTTT!!!, as are some of the guests occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    HOST A TUPPERWARE PARTY!!

Well, I've cut large tupperware and other opaque plastic trays to get ground glass for both large format and 2X3. In fact just a few weeks ago, I pulled out my 2X3 inch Plastic Ground Glass (source Tupperware) and taped it to the film plane rails in my Fuji G690bl Texas Rangefinder. That's how I calibrate all my rangefinder camera's. Ever try to find a ground glass for 35mm. My Kiev (KNEB) 35mm rangefinder is calibrated with Tupper sourced plastic. Some people us wax paper, and some people use the opaques Scotch Tape.

I just host a Tupperware party. OH and a bonus is that the local Tupperware hostess Is HOTTTT!!!, as are some of the guests occasionally.
    Wait, now I'm confused...Is the tupperware hostess included in the sale? If I bought two cameras, does that mean I get two hostesses!?!?

lol!

JohnnyGator,

I'll run that by Ben, because I am told that there are a set of twins in Nebraska (Beerfart, NB if not mistaken, 16 miles from Effigy), who host Tupperware parties and are easy on the eyes. Award winners in Tupperware sales. Perhaps Ben can arrange a mid term pledge amount whereby the twins will host a Tupperware party, deliver two camera's and send out invitations to a number of their customer. Party to be hosted at a hotel ballroom in your town. The sisters and invitees will be flown into your community. Your job is to get them from the airport to the hotel.

No surprise here.... it will be a hefty pledge.

Hi guys!

There will be a plastic ground glass that ships with the camera, mostly to help calibrate focus.

Yesterday I met up with some folks from RFF, and shot a few sheets of HP5. I just developed and scanned them today. Still having issues with fogging from the prototyping material...

Ah Chicago. Sometimes I miss the city. Lived there from 1969 to 1978 but somehow wound up in the pacific northwest for the past 35 years. When I returned for a visit 30 years later in 2008 my Chicago was missing, completely gone except for Central Camera in the loop. Looks like a vibrant film camera culture still exist and I'm happy to see that.

We cleaned up the loop, during those years it was a Hell hole, I don't miss those city years, i do miss the desert, cities change, and Chicago changes as fast as it can, we were once the fastest growing city the world ever saw...

Quote Originally Posted by zuiko90 View Post
    Ah Chicago. Sometimes I miss the city. Lived there from 1969 to 1978 but somehow wound up in the pacific northwest for the past 35 years. When I returned for a visit 30 years later in 2008 my Chicago was missing, completely gone except for Central Camera in the loop. Looks like a vibrant film camera culture still exist and I'm happy to see that.
    Tin Can

Ben - Quick question, and forgive me if this has been asked. I don't have time to read all 84 pages. With the 65mm travelwide, you've stated the fixed focus is about 8 meters (26'), and I'm wondering if you have a focal range - i.e. the range of ___ feet from the lens to infinity at f/16 and ___ feet to infinity at f/45 . With the 90 mm version same question, and what is the nearest that you can adjust the focus?

I have the 65mm lens and plan to get that camera, but trying to decide if I want the 90mm travelwide also. I'd like to have the option to shoot with more dof & control and curious how close the focus is. Thanks.
    Craig McCormick
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Still having issues with fogging from the prototyping material...
    Have you verified that it's the material that is causing the fogging? I think it's time you addressed the issue. Perhaps put some flocking material inside? I don't want to sound like a dick and rain on the parade but we're all backing you (near the tune of $100,000) and you're still running around with a camera thats' fogging film.

You are not up to speed. The prototypes are 3D printed, they have different materials than the production models, which will be absolutely light tight. These guys just tell us a little too much. Do not worry, they have it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
    Have you verified that it's the material that is causing the fogging? I think it's time you addressed the issue. Perhaps put some flocking material inside? I don't want to sound like a dick and rain on the parade but we're all backing you (near the tune of $100,000) and you're still running around with a camera thats' fogging film.
    Tin Can

"You are not up to speed. The prototypes are 3D printed, they have different materials than the production models, which will be absolutely light tight. These guys just tell us a little too much. Do not worry, they have it under control."

I understand that. But it's a problem that is resolved with a simple modification, that requires so little time to address that it doesn't make any sense to continue ignoring. At least I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed. And it will verify that it's a material problem and not a design problem before the design gets mass produced.