The Midwest Large Format Asylum has organized two events in Chicago on September 23.

Photographer and friend of MWLFA, Steve Bennett, is offering an early morning photoshoot along the Chicago Lakefront.

At 11 am the Museum of Contemporary Photography at 600 South Michigan Ave, is holding a special private viewing and discusion of selected large format works from their vast collection. The works to be shown were selected by Hillary Johnson, MoCP curatorial and education assistant. Join us for "Custom Print Viewing : Multiple Approaches to Large Format Photography".

In this session, created specifically with MWLFA in mind, Hillary Johnson, will lead a discussion focused on the numerous ways photographers engage with large format picture-making, from the 19th century and the view camera to more experimental approaches in the present. Featured artists include William Henry Jackson, Sally Mann, Abe Morel, Jay Wolke and more. The session will include a contemplative practice designed to open new ideas for your own photography.

These two events are near each other on South Michigan Ave - and to be clear - these are seperate sign-ups, you do not have do both.

Registration has opened up and both are free but limited friends of Midwest Large Format Ayslum facebook page. Just go to the "Events" section of the page to read all the details and sign up.

I know there are some members here who do not use facebook. If you have any interest in taking parts in either of these LF events, just send me a message and I will get you signed up.