Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuji Velvia 50 and 100F 4x5 film officially discontinued?

Re: Fuji Velvia 50 and 100F 4x5 film officially discontinued?

Hi guys. I have started a petition to see if we can get Fuji to reconsider. Please take a moment to sign it. Velvia 50 is such an awesome film it would be a real shame to see it go. If we can get plenty of support we can pass it on Fuji head office.

Sign here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/fuji...-50-sheet-film

Make sure you share it with your friends and colleagues!

Boinzo,
    Fuji has never been clear on their announcements or product changes. They also don't seem to care all that much. If we aren't buying it, it's not worth their time to make it. Plain and simple. Good luck with that petition.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Boinzo,
    Fuji has never been clear on their announcements or product changes. They also don't seem to care all that much. If we aren't buying it, it's not worth their time to make it. Plain and simple. Good luck with that petition.
    Hi Vinny. I understand your point. I am fully across how capitalism works. Infact, I am an enthusiastic supporter!

But I refuse to just shrug and give up on something that is really important to the creative community of which I am part. It may be as you imply - that my efforts makes no difference in the end. Neither of us know the answer to that yet. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try. The fact that the announcement is not clear is actually an opportiunity to change it.

We have over 170 signatures from all over thw world in just a bit over 24 hours. That's pretty good going. But of course we need more and I encourage everyone to share the petition far and wide - facebook - twitter - whatever.

I do hope that by doing a petition and getting behind it and sharing it widely we do more than send a message to Fuji Film as a list of signatures. We also substantially raise awareness of their decision among a wider group of people. By making as many people as possible aware of the decision we can maybe have some impact on buying decisions. Hopefully by telling people they may lose this film we actually encourage them to go an buy some. Perhaps that will help. I know I just bought plenty. It's my new investment plan. ;-)

In any case - I do get that commercial considerations of big corporations are remorseless. But I also think it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Markyxxx View Post
    How's the petition going?anything heard from fuji?
    The last time I looked (a couple of days ago) the petition had reached something over 1700 signatures. Will Fuji take any notice ? ......

Quote Originally Posted by Markyxxx View Post
    How's the petition going?anything heard from fuji?
    DEAD on its needs (/\)

"money ain't got no need"

"you can't bring down the tower from the top"

from Mafa,
    -- 'it's 17 miles to concrete; I'll drive'

Hi,

Are the rumors true that Fuji has changed chemical suppliers and come up with a new formulation for Velvia 50 and that these will be made available in November, including in 4x5 and 8x10? Or is it that they are selling a final production run? I'm running on my last pack of Velvia 50 in both 4x5 and 8x10 .....

AFAIK it's the last batch...

i wish a smaller company would start making good film so that we stop depending on companies that we cannot cover their fixed costs.

hint to those who know how to do it.

Couple of the Japanese camera stores are still showing 100F and 50F. Both 4 x 5 and 8 x 10.