Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Australia

Landscape Addict

Re: Newbie from Australia

Oh, and Stef's user name on here in Boinzo..
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Ah of course his name is Boinzo! Yeah your 4x5 sounds like a bit of a beast. Though I'm not too well acquainted with brands and bits and pieces at this stage I'll certainly be going for a folding field cam, as light as possible. There's the Toyo one that weighs 1.5kg which doesn't sound too bad, and at a reasonable price new even.

Seems there has been a large format explosion in Brisbane! Welcome Jason (and g'day Zach and Alex), although I'm still a bit of a stranger around this forum myself.
    Ian

Landscape Addict

I think its time that Brisbane Large Format Photographers got together to tackle some image making in a scenic location...
    Alexartphotography

Jason, have a read around, I have the non carbon fiber version (45A) of the Toyo 45CF, a great camera, more than welcome to have a play.

Wait a few months for the for sale section to open and you'll pick something up on the cheap for sure.

Alex & Ian, I'm with you on that.

There's certainly a few of us here isn't there That is awesome. I'm all for the image making, I promise not to prod and pry at everyone's gear Cheers for the tip Zach, yep I'm hoping by the time I can view the sale forum I'll be a little closer to readiness!

Well well. Look what the cat dragged in! Finally Jasko-la-pithicus fronts up to a proper camera! :-)
    Welcome aboard mate. I agree - wait until you can access the For Sales - you'll likely pick something up there. The good stuff goes very quickly though so make sure you have done your research ahead of time and can recognise a deal when you see it! As you know - you are more than welcome to mess with my stuff anytime you like.

I had no idea there was so many of us Brisbane guys. Wow. Perhaps it's time for a petition to Photo Continental to pressure them to carry some proper affordable film and chemistry stock!

Where are you guys getting your processing done?

Landscape Addict

I currently get my 120 rolls done at PC (E6) but just about have everything I need to do it at home... I do my own BW.

As for 4x5... Prolab... Exxy.... Again, when I start doing E6 at home, Then all will be sweet..

You should offer discount E6 processing with no garantees on turn around time Stef... Bulk buy chems and do a 2 runs a month... (oh to actually have that much spare time a month seems a dream doesn't it... Oh well.. good idea in theory!! hahaha) I have waited months between shooting film and getting it processed simply because its better to get a bunch done at once rather than going back and forth everytime I fill a roll....

Thus, the joys of processing myself... I love shooting BW so I can shoot, come home, develop and have my image within 1 day.. E6 I will probably wait until I get 4 rolls or more before I do a run...
    Alexartphotography

In my laundry! Vanbar still has cheap enough Kodak & Fuji minilab chemistry.

I process B&W at home, and get any colour stuff (not much of that) done by Prolab. Re decent film/chemistry/darkroom supplies, I reckon the Photo Continental horse has bolted long ago, never to return...
    Always happy to share bulk orders of film etc from B&H in New York if anyone is interested.

Very keen for a local meetup to waste some film!

Ian