Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

Re: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

I kind of prefer the 11x14 size over 8x10 mostly because I am a fan of having a sizable white border and on an 8x10 I would end up with an image size of about 6x8 which seems sort of small.

I don't have any problem with the added cost of shipping, it really is not that much especially considering what you are getting in return.

I am going to be on my boat cruising the Gulf Islands the last 2 weeks of May with my 8x10 so rocks, trees, or water would definitely get my vote.

Well guys, I kind of like the 11x14 as well because most of my photos are exposed on 11x14 film that I can crop a little usually but probably not to 8x10 size. I like the idea of a theme also, but I also like this folio as well so I am easy. Jim, I don't know how you feel about spreading the work load around, but I would be willing to put everything together and ship things, but I don't have the skill to layout the descriptions very well or attach and arrange the cover with text and all - just a thought to take some of the work load off your shoulders.
    regards
    Erik

Well I'm willing to participate again, though I would suggest an open theme or no theme.

Don Bryant

student

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    My portfolio landed this afternoon!
    If everyone is in agreement, perhaps after everyone receives their copy of the portfolio we can post our shots so others can participate vicariously.

Best to all,

Don Bryant

likes this

Scott Walker wrote:

I kind of prefer the 11x14 size over 8x10 mostly because I am a fan of having a sizable white border and on an 8x10 I would end up with an image size of about 6x8 which seems sort of small.

I don't have any problem with the added cost of shipping, it really is not that much especially considering what you are getting in return.

I agree with Scott. about the size, and shipping. I would to do this again I think this idea is great. I also think that the presentation looks better with a nice white border around the prints. I am very theme oriented so the theme idea fits the way I photograph just fine. I'm ready to do this again

Richard

Back from my west coast trip with what I hope are at least a few good images for the next exchange.

I recall some interest in putting the images up here to show what the finalized portfolios looked like. I am all for that but I think it would be nice to have the images arranged in a fashion that does justice to the product that Jim put together for us. In order to do that we would need to have an agreement on how to size our image files so that we could at least have the images presented in the same size as they were in the folios and pick a day we could all upload them so they would more or less be all together within the thread. Another method would be to send the image file to one person to arrange and upload them along with the verbiage from the folios. I would be happy to volunteer for the latter.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Walker View Post
    Back from my west coast trip with what I hope are at least a few good images for the next exchange.

I recall some interest in putting the images up here to show what the finalized portfolios looked like. I am all for that but I think it would be nice to have the images arranged in a fashion that does justice to the product that Jim put together for us. In order to do that we would need to have an agreement on how to size our image files so that we could at least have the images presented in the same size as they were in the folios and pick a day we could all upload them so they would more or less be all together within the thread. Another method would be to send the image file to one person to arrange and upload them along with the verbiage from the folios. I would be happy to volunteer for the latter.

Any thoughts?
    Sounds fine by me!

Don Bryant

Any thoughts?
    Scott,

This sounds good with me also. If you can determine the size file that is needed, everyone would hopefully email you with the photo. I'll let someone else do this part of it. Thanks for the offer. Jim

Any thoughts?
    Sounds good. I am going to be out of town from June 16th through July 7th so if the file size requirements were determined before I leave that would be great. Otherwise I can send my image file when I return.

Roger

I browsed images here and formed the opinion that 900 pixels at the widest (or tallest) seems to be a good size.

Send your image to beecool1@hotmail.com and in the subject line put "folio image" so I can pluck them from the spam filter if they get caught.

I have had one request to scan the print that came in my folio, I can do this but my scanner and scanning skills are not the best, but, I will do my very best to match the print to the scanned image and send a proof for approval before uploading.