Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Re: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Same story, twice in a row - ordered stuff, got charged, never got the stuff, finally got a refund. I now use Archival Methods - http://www.archivalmethods.com

Maybe I'll just figure on eating the roughly $30.00 for the negative envelopes I'm probably not going to get. It's a lot less (especially when adjusted for inflation) than what I lost many years ago when East Street Gallery went bankrupt taking with it what I had paid for a 16 X 20 print washer that I never got..
    David

I have a similar story like many others on this thread, I had used Light Impressions for years, great selection, good quality. Last year I ordered, film storage boxes and neg envelopes, my credit card was immediately charged, and was told that my order would be shipped soon, after about 6 weeks I phoned to check why it was taking so long and found out my items were back ordered, the most frustrating part was that I often got voice mail, I finally left a message saying that if my ordered didn't go out in 24 hours I would get my credit card company to reverse charges, they did end up shipping , but from the time I placed the order to the time I received it took something like 6 months, I will never order from them again.

Gary
    Gary Nylander,

West Kelowna, B.C., Canada
    Blog:http://garynylander.blogspot.com/
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/nylander.photo

Same story here. Really loved LI because they could supply nearly everything I needed once my prints were dry.

In late 2009 I ordered my usual 8 packages of negative envelopes, was charged for the sale, and waited. And waited. Then, in February 2010, I got an email that said they were on sale! I figured that I would be getting them soon, but when i called, the said they were backordered -- so they were listing for sale merchandise they hadn't had for four months. They did offer to give me the discounted price, but couldn't answer the question of when they'd be shipped (remember, this is an item that is supposed to be on sale...).

These days, if I really, really needed something from LI, I would call -- their web site is worthless without inventory -- and if they had it ready to ship the same day, I might give them money. I just don't understand why they think they're still in business.

John Clark
    www.johndclark.com

Light Impressions just charged me $278.60 which showed up on my credit card statement as Ncd Brands 562-447-1700 Ca. The amount isn't even the proper amount for the order I cancelled. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they're disputing the charge. I should be credited within 2 days for the amount of the charge. They also cancelled my credit card to prevent future charges so now I'm without a card until Friday. On top of it the company name on the statement comes up as a leather goods and luggage provider. Unbelievable how illegitimate this company is.

Problems here also with Light Impressions. I ordered an item more than two months ago and never got it. Tried many times to call but had the same issue someone mentioned earlier, the call is just routed through a loop and you never get to talk to anyone. I also sent emails, got no answer. I finally got through on the phone and was told the item was on back order.

Pretty sure this is the last order I will make with LI since I have now found another source for the item and it was delivered the day after I made the order.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

This company reeks of liquidity issues , They are probably on stop supply with there suppliers and are juggling orders with the hope of trading out of their situation .
    Just a hunch . Cheers gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Tarbert View Post
    This company reeks of liquidity issues , They are probably on stop supply with there suppliers and are juggling orders with the hope of trading out of their situation .
    Just a hunch . Cheers gary
    My hunch too. Whoever runs the company is a graduate of the Ron Wisner School of Business, aka How To Run Your Company Using The Customers' Money For Working Capital.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

The question should be, "Is anyone NOT having problems with Light Impressions?"

I gave up on them 2 years ago when these issues started showing up with my orders. It's a shame.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ