Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NANPA

NANPA

Would someone please relate the Picker chainsaw anecdote?

BTW---had the conference been held only 3 weeks ago, there would have been a major ice storm to contend with. The airport was closed for 4 days! I agree, the conference should be held in April. Spring is in full bloom then.

NANPA

Yep, we just had our worst winter storm since 1964 and the city was paralysed for three or four days. Although the severity of this storm was a fluke, rain and ice are regular occurances in the Pacific NW in January. We're not Frostbite Falls, but January isn't our best month (actually, it's generally our worst). Why the NANPA organizers chose January in Portland is beyond me. It seems like a recipe for failure.

My most productive months for photography in the NW have always been May/June and Sept/Oct. A lot more variety to shoot even if it does rain (fall colors, waterfalls, rain forests and flowers).

Here's a link to Joe and May Ann McDonald's thoughts on this subject:

http://www.hoothollow.com/QofM2002-2003/Question-October%202003.html

Joe and Mary Ann are prominent NANPA members and former officers. While I don't agree that the NANPA Summit should necessarily be held in the Summer, I do agree that holding it in northern cities in the dead of Winter is asking for trouble and unlikely to draw maximum attendance. Depending on the location, I think Spring or Fall would be ideal - less crowded than Summer and lower lodging rates.

Kerry