Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner Linhof Questions

Re: Beginner Linhof Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    I don't know what the bag bellows costs but I know a Kardan 4x5 lens board doesn't cost anything like $600 - $800. Maybe you got the prices reversed?
    oh, i was talking about the kardan gt, not the lensboards. those go for $40-80.

Quote Originally Posted by raizans View Post
    the kardan lensboards are larger than for the technika.

i have not seen many of these sell on ebay, but they go for roughly $600-800. the bag bellows goes for $100-200.
    New Linhof Kardan boards retail for less then $200.00 in the USA for 0, 1 and 3 flat boards and 0 recessed boards.

ebay.de, huh? Time to put that German I learned in Highschool to work! Who would have thought I'd make use of it...

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to bite the bullet and make my first large format purchase. The Unless there is a reason I should avoid KEH's bargain condition items (specifically a 4x5 camera)? Should I be wary of this? They have a reasonable return policy, no?

KEH have a very generous return policy (I think you just pay postage). So, you could get the Bargain one and send it back if you don't like it. That's where I got mine. BGN will have scratches and so forth, but be functionally fine. Make sure you take it into a dark room (like the bathroom), rack the bellows all the way out, and shine a flashlight in one end. If your bathroom turns into a planetarium, then the bellows has holes.