Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's in your camera toolbox?

Downstairs

Re: What's in your camera toolbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    ... Viewing filter for B&W ...
    I thought I was the only one still alive using a viewing filter (panchromatic).

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Broadbent View Post
    Brian, I'm copying that down. You never know what to expect. I've added shovel and a bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Broadbent View Post
    I thought I was the only one still alive using a viewing filter (panchromatic).
    Chris I use them too. I also use the linhof multi viewer to pre visualize a scene. It all helps.

I take very seriously the risks involved with traveling great distances to areas that I am unfamiliar with. In most of the cases that you hear about where people succumbed to the weather, it was not because they thought they were going anywhere dangerous, but conditions change, and even a simple flat tire in the wrong place or at the wrong time can be catastrophic. So I prepare for the worst. Of course when I fly I pare things down substantially.....

Eric Woodbury

Gotta have a viewing filter. I have two, both the same (supposedly), both Peak. I hate one and the other is okay. I'd like to find a nice blue one. I know this is off topic, but what are you all using?
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

"Gotta have a viewing filter".

That's for sure.

I use a Zone VI viewing filter, taped to format the I'm shooting - with white tape, since photos will eventually appear against a white background, not a black one.

camera tool box.....for travel or at home.

for travel i do not carry anything in my "tool box"....talk about not prepared! so far so good (knocking on wood)
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

If you're traveling the "back 40" in the eastern US, especially camping or overnighting in the National Forests, a chainsaw is a good thing to have. I have friends that "don't leave home without it", because one good downed tree can stop you until someone else comes along to clear it, which could be a day or more in many locations. You may also need it to get where you want to be.

Also consider a Coleman Black Cat catalytic tent heater. I use one mostly for comfort in the spring and fall while car-camping, but one of these and a six pack of gas and you could be toasty about as long as you need to be.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...ategoryid=3000

Cheers, Steve

Leatherman
    Waterproof pens
    Medical tape (waterproof, easy to write on and read)
    Spare darkslides
    assorted junk that happens to fall in or not get taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powers View Post
    Jerold,

Speaking only for myself, though I have seen indications in many threads, I believe Obsessive-Compulsive is a check mark on the application to shoot LF, not just travel with it.

John
    John,

You are right. More obsessive compulsive personality traits than OCD. That's why it is mostly men and has a broad overlap with fly fishing and wood working. If any of you are into LF, fly fishing, and woodworking, you have hit the trifecta and should be diagnosed with OCPD. Also, you are probably broke, divorced, and very busy. Half-kidding of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    John,

You are right. More obsessive compulsive personality traits than OCD. That's why it is mostly men and has a broad overlap with fly fishing and wood working. If any of you are into LF, fly fishing, and woodworking, you have hit the trifecta and should be diagnosed with OCPD. Also, you are probably broke, divorced, and very busy. Half-kidding of course.
    Jerold,

I had to search on OCPD. I thought perhaps the P pointed to prehistoric Porsches, especially old 356s. Looking over the list I think my second wife and I ought to look into fly fishing, maybe even building rods in the shop. I’m color blind, but she is a water colorist and could help pick fly tying materials. We have a stocked pond next to the house. Come on over to the next NE OH APUG Gathering. Bring your fly rod and show us. We can reciprocate with a ride through the hills of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the ’55 356 Speedster. Misery loves company.

Gotta run! Have a long list of things to do today in the eighth year of my retirement.

John