Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: You do shoot nice cars, don't you ...

Re: You do shoot nice cars, don't you ...

Seeing as this is a car thread, I really should live in Chicago not Amachizit.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by arca andy View Post
    Aaaah Aston Martin, Bently and Jaguar, British cars for Gentlemen. You chaps have taste. Don't forget Land Rovers for when one is shooting in the country (Ferraris? Nice to look at but a bit pointless, cousin Charles's kept breaking down)
    Yours Sir Andrew of Arca
    The gentlemen for whom the Jaguar XK series were made were gentlemen who didn't mind being able to drive their cars for only a month or two out of every year, the rest of the time their Jaguar sat in the shop waiting for parts to arrive from Roosevelt Motors in Washington, D.C., which in turn was waiting for parts to arrive from Great Britain. At least that was the situation with my XK150 and with every other Jaguar owner I knew back then.

I've only known one person who owned a Ferrari. He lived in Miami and his Ferrari over-heated just sitting at a stop light so he could only drive it on roads without traffic lights. Which in Miami severely limited its usage.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    Well done again, another who knows his cars (and tractors).
    I just think its amazing that two of the top super car manufacturers in the world have beginings from agricultural engineers.

My claim to fame is that I have driven both a Lamborghini and a David Brown but unfortunately both were tractors.
    Porsche also made tractors or at least tractor engines, though that isn't how the company got started.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be

Jags have always been Del boy cars IMO. Favoured by criminals as get away cars and the police in years gone by. More recently used as a term for one of our politicians known as "Two Jags" and even more recently as "Two Shags" but that's another story.
    For people in other countries they seem exotic.
    The same in the UK, BMW's and Mercs seem exotic but go to Germany and for the locals they are nothing too special. I guess its just rarity or being different that attracts people to them. Astons on the other hand are exotic even if they are homegrown.

Geez! Guys can always TALK about cars! Let's see some photos! Here's another one of mine.

Let's get this bumped to the image sharing section. I hope to be posting to it often in the next little while. I'm planning a small show at the local car club clubhouse in the spring. Just doing some work prints to help narrow down the choices.

Critiques and suggestions most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    The gentlemen for whom the Jaguar XK series were made were gentlemen who didn't mind being able to drive their cars for only a month or two out of every year, the rest of the time their Jaguar sat in the shop waiting for parts to arrive from Roosevelt Motors in Washington, D.C., which in turn was waiting for parts to arrive from Great Britain. At least that was the situation with my XK150 and with every other Jaguar owner I knew back then.
    I've got a '69 E-type OTS. It's often out of service, but parts are only a few mouse clicks away thanks to the Internet.

I liked this yesterday when I was printing it. Now I wonder if it is too obscure. What do you think?

Well it was a nice car in its day, not sure what model Ford this is. Seems to me I titled it a Model A when it was in an exhibit and someone attending the exhibit corrected me and told me it was something else but I can't remember what. I also can't remember which camera I made this with, it would have been either a 4x5 Linhof Master Technika, Ilford HP5+ film, probably a Schnieder 210mm APO Symmar lens
    Brian Ellis

I know I'm just a girl , but here are a couple of my favorite shots.