Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inexpensive way to create a wall calendar?

Richard M. Coda

Re: Inexpensive way to create a wall calendar?

If you design it yourself, you can bring it to a Sam's Club (Costco might do this, too) and an 11x14 is only $2.87, 12x16 - $3.56, 16x20 - $6.34. They also have calendars but you can probably do a nicer job yourself.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotah Jackson View Post
    Did a limited edition calendar for a local arts association last year. Used an Epson R2400 printer. Worked out just fine. Looks very nice and the association folk got together and used decorative yarn/ribbon to tie them up for hanging rather than using spirals or similar.

Twenty were signed on each months image by the artist whose work was on that month. These were sold as a 'special' at about 3x the price of the regular unsigned calendars.

One advantage doing it this way was the ability to print a number of them while holding back on the total number... to be printed only if enough orders came in. Worked well for them.

Red River Paper is what I used for the prints, single sided only. Stiffer than the light stuff and matched well for the inkset of the Epson printer.

Extra work to do it but if you have an organization that will make it worthwhile and do some of work for/with you it can pay off for them and you.
    Thanks, Dakotah. What weight and kind of paper did you use?

I went to Red River and found they also have a calendar kit, though 2010 isn't out yet: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/sbpro...tcalendars.htm

Paper weight for the kit is only 50 lbs but reviews were favorable. You also can buy just the CD for the calendar design, then buy the paper separately. Anyone have any experience with this kit?
    Mike

Check out Magcloud. They do POD magazines, but turn a magazine 90 degrees and the saddle stitch binding could work for a calendar. No hole to hang it from, though. They're 20 cents per page, just a little shy of letter size. I think they have a minimum of 16 pages and the back cover needs to have the bottom half left blank.

www.magcloud.com

I haven't used the service yet, but I'm thinking of using them for a couple of upcoming project ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Michael View Post
    Maybe use CafePress.com?
    Cafepress might be a good option if you use them for ordering and fulfillment. Your purchasers would simply buy them online. I haven't see the CP calendars and cannot vouch for quality.

Hi,

I just checked lulu.com and 1 calendar is $12.72 and they have bulk discounts. For instance 50 calendars is @ $10.50 each. They have templates too.

J

Costco has a sale until 9/30 for 8.5x11 calendars for $7.49 which open to 11x17. I don't know the quality though.

J