I've tested PMK extensively and compared it with identical negatives developed in D 76 (not divided D 76). There was no visible difference between prints made from PMK negatives and prints made from negatives developed in D 76. Others have made the same comparison tests using HC 110 with the same result. Despite the aura surrounding it, the objective testing I've done and seen done by others doesn't support the idea that PMK negatives result in prints that are visibly different in any way from prints made with negatives developed normally. So my suggestion would be to ignore PMK given its trouble, expense, and toxicity, and just use divided D 76. My only qualification to this is that when the testing was done (last summer) we were following Gordon Hutchings' recomendation to rinse the negatives in used PMK for two minutes after fixing and before washing. Since that time I've heard three different knowledgeable people say that this step should be omitted because it just adds overall density rather than proportional density. I haven't yet done any testing with that step omitted. If anyone has, I'd like to hear from them.