Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frustrating Freestyle Service

Re: Frustrating Freestyle Service

i have always had great service and shipping from freestyle.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I did not have any problems with Freestyle shipments to Canada. Similarly, Midwest, KEH and B&H - always excellent service. In case of B&H I am selecting USPS as a shipper, even UPS is often cheaper and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    It sounds like the issues Tim has with Freestyle is unique to international orders. I wonder how do other US based merchants transact business with Canadian customers?

Personally I've had no problems with Freestyle, Badger Graphic, or B and H (but I live in California so theres no borders to cross.)

Tim, have you referenced your customer ID# on the address label on your catalog to establish your identity as a previous customer? Maybe (or maybe not) that might help alleviate some of the hassles.
    I don't get catalogues (apart from the odd one in the box with an order) - I don't think they send them out beyond the US

As for other dealers 99.9% of the time it's as easier ordering from the US from Canada (and beneficial since the greenback has gone down the tube...). B&H, MPEX, Amazon, Photoeye (great books, outrageous shipping fees), numerous ebay sellers, Badger, Stout Architectural Books, Photographers formulary, Shades of Paper, Digital Art Supplies etc etc

Hopefully this will indeed be a non issue - (funny thing on this one was that my credit card wasn't even a "foreign" one, but a US one...)if it's the case would at minimum call for a more helpful re-wording of the automatic email they send out.
    though I've heard from some folks whose orders seem to have been delayed 5 or 6 days before "clearing"
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog