How many of us would use a view camera if its only advantage was the larger size of the negative (or positive)? With the problems of film flatness, the shrinking availability of film types, the extra weight of the equipment etc. combined with the excellence of medium format cameras and films, why bother?

Of course the answer, at least for me, is the amazing control of the image that camera movements can provide.

I enjoy the intellectual exercise of looking at a scene and trying to visualise how the application of various movements will affect the focus, position, and shape of the image on the ground glass (and then seeing if I'm right). To do this successfully requires an understanding of what each movement or combination of movements does to the image. Whether your camera has axis or base or asymmetrical tilts doesn't really matter as long as you appreciate that the effect of tilting the lens does vary between the various types.

I prefer axis tilts because of the relatively minor effects they have on focusing. Base tilts not only alter the distance between the centre of the lens and the film plane (requiring a greater degree of refocusing), they also inevitably produce a slight fall in the position of the centre of the lens - so using base tilts can make it more difficult to accurately predict what effect the sum of all planned movements will produce.

As to yaw, I agree with Bill and Ellis that it is of little or no relevance to most landscape photographers and all else being equal, I would personally go for a camera with axis tilts rather than one with a yaw-free design.