Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW-King 5x7 dev tank

Re: BW-King 5x7 dev tank

Good to know it is back!

China has all my data as I applied to teach in China after 2008.

I was redundant in USA.

I studied China since a child.

Now too old.

I buy from China often.
    Tin Can

I have a BW-King 4x5 tank in order to develop more in a batch than the Spearman. The build quality is top notch. However, I hit a problem of uneven development alone the reels. Would like to know the best approach to use this tank.

Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I have a BW-King 4x5 tank in order to develop more in a batch than the Spearman. The build quality is top notch. However, I hit a problem of uneven development alone the reels. Would like to know the best approach to use this tank.

Development

1、Stand up the tank, open the top cover of the tank, and pour the liquid along the side of the splitter in the top opening. If the tank is slightly tilted, the pouring speed can be increased. The amount of liquid used must be determined in advance.
    2、After the developing tank is injected with liquid, keep the upright state, rotate the splitter in the top opening of the developing tank, and rotate the tank core in the tank in the same direction, then the film and the liquid in the tank are uniformly stirred.
    3、It is suggested that the operator adopts a slow and interval rotation mode when rotating the splitter in the top opening of the tank, avoiding rapid and continuous rotation. The traditional method of flipping, shaking and horizontally rolling of tank in a short time can also be adopted.
    It is recommended that the development process of black-and-white film shall be rotated and stirred according to this specification. Take 1 minute as an example, evenly rotate two laps every 10 seconds against clockwise slowly, with a interval of 50 seconds .
    4、End of development, quickly pour out the developer from the top of the developing tank. Then conduct Stop Bath, Fix, Wash and other steps.

Selected from www.bw-king.com

Quote Originally Posted by bw-man View Post
    Development

Selected from www.bw-king.com

Your tanks are excellent, well-made, well-designed, and fairly priced. Thank you. Are you offering new ones for sale again on EBay, etc. I need a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lakin View Post
    B&W King are back
    I just checked the information of ems China Post. Eight B&W KING Developing tanks shipped to America, Britain, Poland and Ireland in April have all arrived by mail.
    Whether the postal service is timely and unimpeded is what worries me most after the epidemic recovers. Within a month (less than 30 days), all the mail was sent across the globe, and the results were undoubtedly good news.
    Thanks to photographers from all over the world for their trust and support to B&W KING!