Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voigtlander Braunschweig 21cm Heliar f 1 : 4,5

Re: Voigtlander Braunschweig 21cm Heliar f 1 : 4,5

Quote Originally Posted by orgraph View Post
    Ken, Do you know Image Circle of Heliar 210/4.5?
    Yuriy
    Sorry Yuriy, I don't own that lens any more - but the figure of 233mm given in Arne Croell's document, provided by Bernice, sounds right: enough for 5x7 film with minimal view camera movements at infinity and more movements as we focus closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Sorry Yuriy, I don't own that lens any more - but the figure of 233mm given in Arne Croell's document, provided by Bernice, sounds right: enough for 5x7 film with minimal view camera movements at infinity and more movements as we focus closer.
    Thanks a lot!

Hi sorry to revive this thread. Dont have the access to post new thread yet. I recently purchased the same heliar 21cm f4.5 in a Copal no.3 shutter, but cant seem to find any info about this pairing. It seems all heliar 21cm is partnered with a compound shutter. Should I be worried about this? The lens is already bolted in a toyo view board so hopefully the previous owner used it and I can expect that it is good to go?

Some late issue Voigtlanders were factory mounted in Copal and Compur shutters, so you likely shouldn't worry. Better still, give it a test and you will know.

Quote Originally Posted by fishkid View Post
    Hi sorry to revive this thread. Dont have the access to post new thread yet. I recently purchased the same heliar 21cm f4.5 in a Copal no.3 shutter, but cant seem to find any info about this pairing. It seems all heliar 21cm is partnered with a compound shutter. Should I be worried about this? The lens is already bolted in a toyo view board so hopefully the previous owner used it and I can expect that it is good to go?
    Hi Fishkid,

Would you be able to post a photo of this? I am interested in finding this lens mounted in a copal shutter, and I'd love to see what yours looks like. I have only ever seen the ones mounted in compur shutters. How do you like yours?

Quote Originally Posted by AidanAvery View Post
    Hi Fishkid,

Would you be able to post a photo of this? I am interested in finding this lens mounted in a copal shutter, and I'd love to see what yours looks like. I have only ever seen the ones mounted in compur shutters. How do you like yours?
    I dont know how to post pictures here yet, but explored the build and found a thread reducing adapter. It seems to be made well for the lens and doesn't look like fabricated, or if it is fabricated it was very well machined.