Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Help finding an 8x10

Re: Help finding an 8x10

Hi Luis

For film I usually shop at Freestyle in the USA. I have been in touch with Kumar also.

I have ordered a few packs of B and W to get me started. Contemplating Velvia 50.

Best

Murray

If you go with a 250 WF Ektar and it's in an Ilex Universal, then a Gepe release should fire it reliably.
    That's the combination I use.
    If your Artar is in a Acme or newer shutter then it probably shouldn't require a longer throw release, so if you opt for 250mm Fuji in a modern Copal instead, a longer throw release shouldn't be necessary.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

FWIW, Igor has both a 250W Fujinon and a 10"/250mm WF Ektar in stock
    http://www.igorcamera.com/large_format_lenses.htm
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Kevin Kolosky

You say you want a wooden camera, but let me suggest that you check out Sinar cameras. I have owned a Sinar F2 8 x 10 camera that was wonderful. Wish I would have never sold it. And now I own a Sinar P2 4 x 5 camera that is also wonderful. The beautiful thing about Sinar is their modularity. You can start with just about anything and end up with anything else that you want. I especially like the Sinar shutter. You just need one shutter for all of your lenses. Talk to Ken Lee about his Sinar. you can see a lot of the work he has done with his Sinar on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin J. Kolosky View Post
    You say you want a wooden camera, but let me suggest that you check out Sinar cameras. I have owned a Sinar F2 8 x 10 camera that was wonderful. Wish I would have never sold it. And now I own a Sinar P2 4 x 5 camera that is also wonderful. The beautiful thing about Sinar is their modularity. You can start with just about anything and end up with anything else that you want. I especially like the Sinar shutter. You just need one shutter for all of your lenses. Talk to Ken Lee about his Sinar. you can see a lot of the work he has done with his Sinar on this forum.
    Kevin, I own 3 Sinar F2's and a 4x5 & 8x10 P. Although they are wonderful cameras, I for field work, I always use my Deardorffs. The Sinars are just to heavy to practically move them around other than in the studio. I did use the F2 for architectural work, but that is a different animal than the P's. L

Kevin Kolosky

Luis

I don't disagree that Sinar Cameras are a bit heavy. Especially the P series, with the F being much lighter. I had no problem hauling around my F2 8 x 10 when I had it. The heavy stuff is the glass. If you don't want to carry around much weight you have to look for glass in the F8 or F 9 range instead of the f 5.6 range. And if you only need one shutter for all of your lenses you don't have to carry around the weight of a bunch of shutters.

Instead of worrying about weight do a few pushups every morning

The other great thing about them is their availability. Lots of them for sale in all configurations. If you don't see it this week it will probably be available next week.