Page 527 of 760 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 7600

Thread: post your trees!

http://instagram.com/abgefackt Arkasha_from_Russia's Avatar

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Two Redwoods
    Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park (Cal Barrel Road)
    11x14 negative, carbon print
    OMG!!!!
    Just 3D Stereo....
    @shlein_filmphotography

Two Redwoods
    Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park (Cal Barrel Road)
    11x14 negative, carbon print
    Absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by takpro View Post
    Beautiful.
    Beautiful.
    Thanks takpro

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Curtis View Post
    Spectacular Vaughn. Was this from one of your trips this summer?
    Thank you.

Alas, not a recent image/print, but I finally took a photo of the print so I could show it on-line. The back story:

Taken 15 years ago, I had borrowed a friend's home-made 11x14 camera (w/ G-Claron 355mm) and took it out into the redwoods. I also had my triplet boys with me. I drove up a dirt road, found this scene and parked the minivan, got out the picnic lunch for the boys on a blanket so that I could set up the camera and make the exposure while the 4 yr-olds were occupied with eating. I used this 'trick' many times when using the 8x10 along Prairie Creek -- I did not want the boys wandering off and falling into the creek while I had my head under the darkcloth (yes, it has almost happened...I pulled my head out from under the darkcloth once in Yosemite to find all three boys wading in the Merced River up to their knees - with their rubber boots on - just feet from fast-moving water -- during February). It is very important to return home with the same number of boys!

The light was incredible -- as someone mentioned, almost 3D. If I remember correctly, slightly muted sunlight making its way thru the redwoods. I measured a 5-stop range with the spot meter, but could tell I had another two stops or so in the scene that the meter was not picking up. (meter read 5 to 10, exposed at 7...letting reciprocity failure give me deeper shadows). F/64 for 30 seconds on FP4+, developed in Rolo Pyro (40-80-2000), at 70F for 10 minutes.

The print was made a couple years later. I had stopped making carbon prints when the triplets were born (taught myself platinum printing instead), and started carbon printing again when the boys were about 5 years old -- but it took a year for me to get back up to speed with carbon printing, with this image being the first success.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Taken 15 years ago, I had borrowed a friend's home-made 11x14 camera (w/ G-Claron 355mm) and took it out into the redwoods. I also had my triplet boys with me.
    The backstory makes this majestic image all the more impressive.

My most recent carbon print from a not-too-old 8x10 negative...back in late August (I was dropping off one of my boys for his first year at Berkeley and had a chance to print at PhotoCentral in Hayward). A friend made the tissue using India ink. A bit warmer than my own tissue and with a little higher native contrast than I normally make. A fun experience.

A sunny windy day along Hwy 299 here in northern California. I am not too impressed with the scanner on my office printer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hwy299TreeWind.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

'Freaking spectacular, Vaughn. Just delicious.

Bottle Tree. Toowoomba

Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC 111 VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.7cm X 19.5cm, from a Kodak Trix 8x10 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Man everything Down Under is weirdly shaped isn't it.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---