Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Cable release

Linhof Cable release

Does anyone know how you go about using this Linhof Cable release attachment?
    Thanks
    Dennis Purdy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 135-side-1.jpg  

Re: Linhof Cable release

Yes, best way is to get a Linhof cable release and the Linhof nipple for the release.
    Or buy the Linhof cable release that has the threadles tapered tip.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Release.html

is this the one?

And if I just take that attachment off, which looks easy, does any cable release work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

is this the one?

And if I just take that attachment off, which looks easy, does any cable release work?
    To use this one properly you would also need the Linhof Cable Release Nipple. Nothing comes off this release shown.

is this the one?

Do not remove the attachment (called the Quicksocket). You can hardly use the 135mm Planar in recessed board without it. See this for some more information on the recommended release tip and a work-around. There is a tip (part 41066) we can screw onto a cable release apparently available here. Scroll down. A picture of the right stuff assembled here.

Now, with that said I get alone just fine with a cable release with a thin strip of gafffer tape wrapped once below the knurled part of the tip. But I've got lots of cable releases and had to go through a few to work it out.

Aside: you have the right board for the 135mm Planar. The Super Technika V folds up with the lens installed, but so close I can't add a lens cap, but don't really need to.

Thank you for that link. Sorry for my ignorance. I was given these 3 Linhof lenses to sell and I have never used Linhof.

Thank you for that link. Sorry for my ignorance. I was given these 3 Linhof lenses to sell and I have never used Linhof.
    If you search the big auction site for sold items, you might be happy with what the 135mm Planar goes for. (We do not give valuations here.) I don't know what the other two lenses are, but I'll guess 75mm Biogon and a 250mm Sonnar - a set some wealthy people could enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    If you search the big auction site for sold items, you might be happy with what the 135mm Planar goes for. (We do not give valuations here.) I don't know what the other two lenses are, but I'll guess 75mm Biogon and a 250mm Sonnar - a set some wealthy people could enjoy.
    Right right and right. Unfortunately the bids were all from China. Already the buyer of the 135 Planar has declined and asked the sale to be canceled. The buyer of the 75 Biogon will cancel unless I can show him the way to get one of the cable release tips. The buyer of the 250 Sonnar has yet to respond after 2 days. Eff'n China. However they are seemingly the only ones with money to spend. I would have liked to put them in here for sale but I am unsure of what to ask and you can't do auctions. I might at least put that beautiful planar in here at the price the Chinese guy won it for.

Dennis

Right right and right. Unfortunately the bids were all from China. Already the buyer of the 135 Planar has declined and asked the sale to be canceled. The buyer of the 75 Biogon will cancel unless I can show him the way to get one of the cable release tips. The buyer of the 250 Sonnar has yet to respond after 2 days. Eff'n China. However they are seemingly the only ones with money to spend. I would have liked to put them in here for sale but I am unsure of what to ask and you can't do auctions. I might at least put that beautiful planar in here at the price the Chinese guy won it for.

Dennis
    The nipples are available from Linhof, most Linhof service centers and from Linhof distributors in any country. Very easy to get them.

Dennis
    My best buyers are from China. My auctions state "if you are not in the USA please work through a USA broker", and they do.

Best of luck,
    Jac