Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Horseman 45FA vs. Master Technika

Re: Horseman 45FA vs. Master Technika

Thanks again for the responses, much appreciated!

I contacted Mark Power as I remember reading somewhere that he had used this combination in the past (he know uses a Alpa/Phase digital combo I believe) and he seemed to think that it looked like the one he used to use on his Horseman FA.

Here is a quote from his email...

"The viewer looks the same as mine.

It’s been some years since I used a viewer (i stopped after my third one broke and I got used to simply looking at the ground glass screen) but as I remember the viewer should have a part that attaches to the camera on two metal pins on the right side, as you turn it towards the camera body. You push the bottom one into the hole at the back of the camera (I think the hole is there for the very basic viewer that would have come with the camera when new), press down and it’ll allow you to push the bottom pin in place. It then pivots on this ‘hinge’ and you close it shut against the body. It should then work. There should be a tab, part of the back, that sticks out towards the left, again with the back facing the camera, which is the part that you push into place. You have to open it again, on the pivot, to remove it again. You can leave it on, I think, while you insert your darkslide, but I never did in case there was downward pressure which might affect the light seal.

I can’t tell from the picture but the attaching part does come off, so it could be you’ve been sold it without. "

He is an absolute gentleman for taking the time to get back to me and I really admire his work, a very unique vision and eye he has...

To Jac@stafford.net, I am not quite sure what you mean, when I look through the viewer, yes everything does appear upside down but that is as it is meant to be (to correct the upside down image being projected on the Ground Glass)

If this in not meant for the Horseman FA, can anybody show me an image of the correct upright reflex viewer for the Horseman FA? This is the ONLY one I can see anywhere online..

Thanks again.

Re: Horseman 45FA vs. Master Technika

You need to find a Horseman catalog. I had one but I must have tossed it with magazines accidently. I just looked again for it.

I have Monorail and metal field Horseman, but they are different in almost all aspects at both ends. Obviously lensboard differ vastly but nothing from a Monorail fits the GG side of the FA/HD in my experience.

China on ebay does offer a folding hood for the HD/FA which may supply parts for what you want.

I use the Chinese folding hood on my HD.

That darn catalog had the whole system...
    Tin Can