Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: unable to post photos ?

Re: unable to post photos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    scm had it right. I guess we are back to the phone situation. I don't think anyone else here uses their phone as a primary means of forum posting.
    I've seen a lot, but it's irrelevant. Thanks for trying to help guys.

I hate phones and seldom answer the damn thing. I let it go to voice mail and read the oddly transcribed message which is always at least funny. Then I send the caller the transcription and ask for an email to clarify.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I hate phones and seldom answer the damn thing. I let it go to voice mail and read the oddly transcribed message which is always at least funny. Then I send the caller the transcription and ask for an email to clarify.
    That explains a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    I have no explanation for why people launch DOS attacks on any site, let alone this one. But, that is a reality that we have to deal with as best we can.

The actual image-size/file-size limits have been 750x750 and 244KB since shortly after we migrated to vBulletin around 2006. That limit was established because we operate on donated resources, both in terms of storage and bandwidth. Externally-hosted images, of course, can be larger, because they don't use our server's storage or bandwidth. I don't recall the earlier versions of vBulletin having an auto-resize feature at all.
    Yes but I'm doing nothing different than I ever did but now I have to resize EVERYTHING and I never had to do that before. So something has changed on your end.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Anyway, my tested solution involved creating a blog on Blogger.com (free), creating a new blog posting, using a template that looks like creating a Word document (no HTML needed), and then posting those two 6x17 images to my blog page. Then when looking at the displayed (published) blog page, I found the URL link directly to each photo and pasted that reference into the "Insert Image" tool on my posting on this forum. Again, no HTML code was harmed in this process. I did have to spend a few extra minutes deciding how large I wanted my images to be on the blog posting, but as you can see, they now display quite well (and no extra sharpening applied) when referenced in this forum's posting. Of course, now I also have a public blog site to think about and mess with...

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    Anyway, my tested solution involved creating a blog on Blogger.com (free), creating a new blog posting, using a template that looks like creating a Word document (no HTML needed), and then posting those two 6x17 images to my blog page. Then when looking at the displayed (published) blog page, I found the URL link directly to each photo and pasted that reference into the "Insert Image" tool on my posting on this forum. Again, no HTML code was harmed in this process. I did have to spend a few extra minutes deciding how large I wanted my images to be on the blog posting, but as you can see, they now display quite well (and no extra sharpening applied) when referenced in this forum's posting. Of course, now I also have a public blog site to think about and mess with...
    Maybe even I can figure that out, I hope I don't need to call tech support...maybe they could call me, as I can't find the phone. Where is that pesky thing!
    Tin Can

If I have to go through the above or make a special sized version solely for this site, then I will be posting images here much less often.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    If I have to go through the above or make a special sized version solely for this site, then I will be posting images here much less often.
    T'would be a pity for the rest of us...

I re-size for any web use in Picasa and add my email as you all may have seen. It's free, it's fast, does batch and adds the watermark where I want it easily.

I have not tried it on a phone yet...
    Tin Can

unable to post photos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I re-size for any web use in Picasa and add my email as you all may have seen. It's free, it's fast, does batch and adds the watermark where I want it easily.

I have not tried it on a phone yet...
    Now that the tapatalk app will let me choose sizes, I'm ok to post, just going to be small images, just posted a few from my phone.