Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebony SW410E

Re: Ebony SW410E

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    I'm not trying to be a downer , I saw a question mark, so I thought you might have been asking a genuine question, hence my answer
    I'll be more careful.
    Tin Can

Thank you very much! I hope I can present some nice images this year!

I simply have no need for accessory shoe so I decided to go without it, the front spirit level is usally mounted on a piece of plastic which I didn't like. I use externe spirit levels but most of the time the ones installed on the back are sufficient due to the 0°-clicks and the non-folding design.

I use Provia 100F for color, which scans fabulous and is easier to saturate in post when needed than mute Velvia down... For B/W I love TMY2 (T-Max 400 new) which is fine-grained with great tonality even at 800ASA (using Ultrafin Plus).

I use a dedicated HSM guillotine to cut them, I will equip it to cut only in one position. Still trying to figure out which Jobo drum works best for 4x10 - any suggestions?

Jobo expert drum 3005.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks, the Expert drums can use 4x10 without any modification?

Sure.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by georgl View Post
    Thanks, the Expert drums can use 4x10 without any modification?
    As said before yes. I do 4x10 on it. No problem. Just dont do two in the same slot.

@georgl
    dein postfach ist voll ;-)

A nice looking piece of machinery! Using a Ries tripod and tilt head, I could easily see using this camera for verticals! Looks like it would behave itself tilted. And I like the idea of non-folders.

Shen Hao has a nice non-folding 5x7 which would be tempting if it had a horizontal/vertical back.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I am definitely interested in vertical 10x4! i have to figure how to do that, currently I can only flip it in one position due to the tripod legs being in the way - still considering a geared head... Damn, it's too simple to spend money on this stuff ;-)

The Shen Hao cameras are usually copies of the Ebony design and the build-quality is mediocre, you get what you pay for... Personally I am not a fan but of course the price is tempting at first sight.

Hi George. If your tripod has a column you should be able to raise it 6 inches or so and then tilt your camera 90 degrees easily, as the legs will not then be in the way.