Page 183 of 311 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3110

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    I've been meaning to photograph this sign for some time but it didn't work out as I saw it.

Good to see you back in the large format game, Ramiro. But are you saying this image didn't work out 'as you saw it' or previous attempts didn't? In any case, I like this one.

Jonathan

I was expecting more out of this. Right when I packed to head back home the sun came out and I had one of those feelings "God is telling me to quit photography" again.

Thomas,

I read your comment about your concerns when the delivery truck pulled up on the right, so I took another look at the Hamburg image with that in mind. I think you were very fortunate that it was a DHL truck. In black and white, the tone of the truck blends closely with the tone of the building. At the same time, the truck adds just enough mass to the right side of the image that if greatly increases the feeling of depth on the left side. You used good seeing and good judgment in going ahead and releasing the shutter. Excellent image!

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    I was expecting more out of this. Right when I packed to head back home the sun came out and I had one of those feelings "God is telling me to quit photography" again.
    I am guilty of this all the time. I have an idea in my head of what I want the final image to look like, but when I scan or print the negative the magic just isn't there. It usually helps to take some time before passing final judgment, though. Once I have distanced myself from my expectations I can better see an image for what it really is. Sometimes I end up liking it more than I did at first; sometimes I realize my first instincts were right and it really does suck.

As for God telling you to quit, I know the feeling. Austin does, too. Maybe it's common among photographers and/or artists?

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    As for God telling you to quit, I know the feeling. Austin does, too. Maybe it's common among photographers and/or artists?
    Jonathan
    Main difference being you too come up with amazing images every time. ;-)

The Palace Theater Swansea a very old theater thats been on the buildings at risk register for years yet nowt is done. Took advantage of the xmas day and shot a few landmarks that would normally be very busy

It was foggy last night so I thought I would drive downtown and see what spooky shapes and shafts of light I could find, but when I got there the fog had thinned to a very light haze. A cop stopped to check me out while I was making this exposure, but he was cool about it even though I was parked illegally.

Pacemaker Speed Graphic, 210mm f/5.5 Hugo Meyer Doppel Anastigmat, Fuji Acros 100

Jonathan

Love the contrast. Great capture!

Quote Originally Posted by dave clayton View Post
    The Palace Theater Swansea a very old theater thats been on the buildings at risk register for years yet nowt is done. Took advantage of the xmas day and shot a few landmarks that would normally be very busy

Another scene from downtown Portland. This one was a 15 minute exposure.

Pacemaker Speed Graphic, 210mm f/5.5 Hugo Meyer Doppel Anastigmat, Fuji Acros 100.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Another scene from downtown Portland. This one was a 15 minute exposure.

Pacemaker Speed Graphic, 210mm f/5.5 Hugo Meyer Doppel Anastigmat, Fuji Acros 100.

Jonathan
    Nice! I really like the diagonals of the tracks and roads, juxtaposed with the RR ties. Cool image.