Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The World Upside Down (Kickstarter project to fund 7x17 inch color special order)

Lee Smathers

Re: The World Upside Down (Kickstarter project to fund 7x17 inch color special order)

Just a friendly reminder that my project called "The World Upside Down" will be ending on December 15th. I seek to photograph some of South Korea's biggest events and landscapes with color film in a 7x17 inch camera during 2014-2015 and exhibit them as very large panoramic prints. With a successful project, I also plan to donate these large prints to galleries and museums across South Korea.

More about the project can be found here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n?ref=category

An update about the future of Lee Smathers in South Korea. On December 25th, I will be in Seoul recording a 10-15 min. lecture/speech in front of a live audience (think talk show audiences). My lecture will be in Korean and will be aired on Korean national TV at prime time on a Sunday following the recording. Many Korean (and foreign) celebrities have hosted this program, but it'll be the first for a photographer to host the show. I'm very excited about what other opportunities might come out of this. It would be really incredible to be able to talk about the success and support of the worldwide community for the funding of my Kickstarter project. Please help spread the word and if you are able, a small pledge to the successful project could reward you with a nice hand-designed or hand-crafted souvenir from an active large format photographer (and celebrity?) in South Korea. Thank you!

Re: The World Upside Down (Kickstarter project to fund 7x17 inch color special order)

Good luck Lee...I "Kick"ed in a little more, maybe it'll help.

As an aside, the bulk-load movie film sounds like fun but I'm sure shipping across the pond would be a little troublesome?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Good luck Lee...I "Kick"ed in a little more, maybe it'll help.

As an aside, the bulk-load movie film sounds like fun but I'm sure shipping across the pond would be a little troublesome?
    Thanks for the extra kick, Bryan!

Everything I've got priced on the project includes shipping. It's a great deal considering Cinestill is nearly $10 a roll! Pay for convenience, I guess. I just shot some of it in my Mamiya 7 the other day. I'm anxious to get these scanned.

Cool, I guess I'll be a hipster, haha!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Cool, I guess I'll be a hipster, haha!
    Cheers to being hip!