Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your home made camera...

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Show us your home made camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Thanks, Jim.

I have made some knobs that will allow drive AND tightening on the same side, so won't be going with the drive on the right, tightening on the left design.

I'm tempted to use two racks (one on each side of the extension arms) to balance the drive torque.

I've also found some cheap carbon fibre square section "tubing" that I'm interested in trying. Need to find out how much load it can bear. If it's enough, I'll try it as the rails. I'll also try some 5mm CF sheet as the base plate, attached to either the CF rails and/or the timber frame of the base/fixed section.
    Cool. I would love to see this when you get it going. Be sure to post some images please.The single knob with the lock n the same side is just like my Seneca Improved. I'd like to know more about that. Where did you find that or how did you make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Here is my 8x10 "Jimonix" Walnut and Rosewood.
    That looks great. And I prefer your focusing slide arrangement to the Chamonix's over engineered linear bearing system.

Steve.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Cool. I would love to see this when you get it going. Be sure to post some images please.The single knob with the lock n the same side is just like my Seneca Improved. I'd like to know more about that. Where did you find that or how did you make it?
    In really simple term, Jim, it is a bolt within a bolt setup.

The outer assembly is the clamping one, whilst the inner one is the drive knob.

It'll be the same for the knobs on the standards - one for rise/fall and one for tilt.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    In really simple term, Jim, it is a bolt within a bolt setup.

The outer assembly is the clamping one, whilst the inner one is the drive knob.

It'll be the same for the knobs on the standards - one for rise/fall and one for tilt.
    Nice, sounds simple enough even for me to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That looks great. And I prefer your focusing slide arrangement to the Chamonix's over engineered linear bearing system.

Steve.
    Steve, thanks. I was thinking of using that system but I did not want the learning curve in trying to sourse the materials and the added cost. My way was simple and has proved to be just right for the way I work which is KIIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjirka View Post
    I think it could by applied to 8x10, but you would have to use higher stiffness spring than I did (putting the spring in in place was nightmare, I scratched my fingers raw, I can't imagine doing that with stiffer springs). Even real 8x10 Chamonix cameras don't have this spring mechanism, only the smaller ones. I attached a picture of an original chamonix 45 springback mechanism (a friend who actualy has it took it for me). And picture of springs and aluminum parts I made

Attachment 91669
    Attachment 91670
    Attachment 91671
    Chamonix 4x5 backs aren't very strong (compared to lets say a graflock). Put a 545 polaroid holder in the camera, tilt it up, and see what happens.

My Homemade version Polaroid conversion camera with Fujinon 125/5,6 mm.,4x5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sart_S View Post
    My Homemade version Polaroid conversion camera with Fujinon 125/5,6 mm.,4x5.
    That looks good. Is it a 110A? I have one which is half way through conversion (half way through seems to be a common theme with my projects!).

Is the rangefinder window useable? I think I will just about be able to use mine.

And am I right in assuming that you remove the ground glass frame to insert a film holder?

Steve.

Thanks Steve!It was a Polaroid 150!)Rangefinder works,to set the film holder to remove frame with ground glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That looks good. Is it a 110A? I have one which is half way through conversion (half way through seems to be a common theme with my projects!).

Is the rangefinder window useable? I think I will just about be able to use mine.

And am I right in assuming that you remove the ground glass frame to insert a film holder?

Steve.
    Steve, I have this one...I've been looking at it...and thinking...and looking...and thinking...and looking...and thinking...and looking...and thinking...and looking...and thinking...for 2 years!!!!!!