After praising the large, luxurious 171mm Arca-Swiss lensboards, I am coming to grips with the reality that they are HUGE. Even though I am not an ultra-light backpacker, they take up so much room in my trunk case that I am getting frustrated. Plus they aren't cheap! So I am considering getting the adapter that uses standard Linhof Technika style lensboards. Question One: Does the current "F-Line" model of the adapter board have a recess or is it flat? Question Two: Is there any issue with using less expensive, but not as nicely made, Japanese versions of the Technika boards? Question Three: I can buy a new "F-Line" adapter board from Europe but does anyone have one in the USA? I don't want the older, pre-"F-line" adapter, (it doesn't have the mechanical light seal and it doesn't exude that 1980's black Euro-cool Kraftwerk appeal...) because it won't go with my Porsche ;-)

Finally, anyone want to trade a large 6-inch Sinar-sized Gnass three lens case for the smaller Technika-sized one? (Arca 171mm boards are a tight fit in the Sinar-sized case.)