Guys,

After a long period of unemployemnt (now back to work), I'm going to treat myself next month to a decent printer. I've real a bunch of threads and I think the Epson 3880 fits my needs but I still have a few simple questions.

I print mostly using these papers now; Gold Silk, Photo Rag Baryta, and Museo (depending on image). I will only print B&W on the printer and it may site for a few weeks without use. While printing from rolls is interesting, I don't have a "need" for that for most of my work.

1. I thought I read there is a diff ink res for both matte and glossy? True? is there much ink wasted when switching? How much?
2. The 3880 will not take rolls but I can cut the paper and use it right? I've never been able to print panos and I was wondering if anyone knew the max size I could print (front tray?)?
3. There are a few RIPs out there. For a relative newbie (but quick learner), which would you suggest and why?

Feel free to throw anything else at me you want.

I did do a bunch of research on the 3880 and 4880 and some canons. If I've asked something that I could have found in a search, point me there!!!

Regards,
Ron