I got a bigshot recently---no flash cubes and the shutter was dodgy---the plastic wear creates like an "anti lube" inside so it was sticking...I took it apart---man you have to be careful--there's 2 springs in there...also..getting the front plastic fresnel/bezel is hard to do to (without breaking it)---anyway--I saw no real easy way to hook up a synch THEN..inspiration--the front of the camera looked about size of the copal press shutters I got on the polaroid hipster cams---SURE it is...to screw it in, I lined the inside of the front of the lens with tape so I can thread in the shutter without damaging the plastic for historical reasons--OH..I had to tape the shutter open on the inside, so I'll have to take it apart to revert it back to stock--but it IS reversible---put in some rollers from the hipstercam to get rid of the press spreaders that come stock with bigshot---the result--a bigshot that has synch and a selection of shutter speeds---the aperture of the big shot remains stock..you rotate the whole shutter/lens assy to selectd the lighten/darken aperture--I put a morris mini-slave flash behind the fresnel--it is almost EXACTLY the size of the flash cube bulbs...so it's a total modern way to get bigshot pics with the bigshot lens and aperture--totally authentic bigshot pics!!!!! see pics here