I start this thread for several reasons. May 1 was the 3rd annual World Wetplate Day, a day when people around the world take collodion photographs. The http://www.wetplateday.org/gallery-2011/ website shows everyone's favorite two plates only. This is a thread for those other plates you took May 1, or for comments on what you did that day.

I'll start. Mark Sawyer and I had plans to go to a private ghost town, where we'd have the entire town to ourselves. Unfortunately a locked gate and missing owners kept us out. So we took a "quick" drive down to Tombstone, not really a ghost town, but picturesque still. On my second shot, set up in the center of the dusty street, a gust of wind blew my camera over, breaking it. We were having a heck of a time with how bright it was too...remember most don't use shutters with wetplate.

Here is my one abortive shot from Tombstone:

So after Mark (in the shot at top) got a few panoramas, we headed back to the dimmer light in my yard, and in the late afternoon. The top shot of Mark was done using his Darlot lens, of he and my Century with a Peerless Quick Worker petzval. That I took this shot with: