I was wondering if anyone has experienced some odd processing marks with NC and VC on sheet film?..I noticed it on some sheets a few months ago so have set about trying to find out the cause. So far I am a little stumped. It is hard to see on a negative and really only becomes apparent on a contact, print or scan. It is most apparent on a continuous tone such as a gray or blue sky. It is a strange ghosting or marbling effect that looks like part of the neg is being processed further than another. If the image has plenty of detail then you cannot see it, for example a forest scene. I shot some gray walls out of focus so that I had a nice flat gray neg and ran it through 4 different professional labs in London and they all seem to have it in some way. Tomorrow I will run some Fuji 160 to see if it is a Kodak problem or if it's a process problem. At the moment my money is on the fact that it takes quite a while for the hanger to move from the dev to the wash and during that time parts of the film where the dev is adhering to are being pushed...a friend who runs a lab and who also had the problem suggested it only started when Kodak changed the emulsion from 160nc to 160 NC II .....I will keep you posted.