hi all,

i have very little knowledge skills and abilities when i t comes to scanning. i do struggle through it but at time it is more frustrating that others. i get more enjoyment out of darkroom printing and various printing processes than working on a computer.

now i know the equipment is not that great, but i should be able to get usable stuff for the web i think.

i am using a HP scanjet 4050. i use the software it has come with. i have PS but very limited abilities. my major problem is with pyro HD negs. they seem to really F!@# with the scanner. i am unable to make minor easy adjustments to get them to look good.

i also use hc110 and the negs scan very very well. i am able to adjust them with basic adjustments and they look acceptable. the problem is i also want to use the negs for VDB. while the hc110 negs do print okay on VDB i like the pyro negs a bit better. the hc110 orints nicely on silver as well.

the pyro negs scan poorly but they print nicely on silver and a tad better on VDB than the hc110 negs.

so what can i do? buy a more expensive scanner and learn to use the computer (ARGH!), print the negs and scan the print (i get much better results this way.....i was just wanting to doa bit of "scanner proofing"), or just us hc110? is their a way to tell my scanner to scan differently when using pyro? is they a better scanner software that will see through the stain better. i know people out there scan their pyro negs very well....how do you do it!?

thanks for the help.

eddie