Dear list.
Ive been reading the list as a lurker for some time now, and just now created an account so I could start this thread regarding a Vademecum set i got a couple of weeks ago.
Ive been reading about it and would love to see it working! but I just dont dare to screw and unscrew these beautiful lenses as they seem to be with no use at all, after 100 years of life. The lenses are clean, brand new, no scratches nor dings nor fungus, the screws of the lenses still hold the original black paint on them, and all the inscriptions on the lenses, primary lens and filters are brand new. Only the brass of the lens shows some small dings maybe cause of its age. The case is in perfect shape too... The lens SN is 213293.
So i thought, that it wount be a good idea to use it and ruin it, while this might be a collectors item rather more than an useful set.
So I just thought i could post some images of the set itself for you to evaluate it, and give opinions wether i should just go out and take some beautiful soft images, or rather keep it locked until someone offers me a good price for it, and get some older, used lenses with the money.
How much would a set like this cost in these days?.

The other lens ive got in this incredible bargain is an Aplanat ser C 150mm N°2. It is with its original iris rotating wheel, and almost with no use at all too, just as the Vademecum is. Seems that someone bought the camera and these lenses 100 years ago, and just left them in a cool place, with no humidity at all until i got them. Any ideas if this might be a good lens to use thinking about its MINT condition , as i know its not a rare item, or id rather keep it locked with the Vademecum too? How much for it nowadays??

Ive got more photos of the two lenses for whoever that would like to get a closer sight.
Thanks a lot for your time and attention. Ive been showing them to all my friends but dont seem yet to find someone that understands my emotion when looking at this incredible find.

Sincerely,

Agustin Barrutia,
Gaffer,
Bs as, Argentina.
abarrutia@gmail.com