I am having a solo photography show at the Western Reserve Historical Society: 10825 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.

The show opens Oct. 24 and will close Jan. 15. It is three shows combined. There is a touring exhibit on “Building America’s Canals. They have a model layout of a river, mine and city. You build a canal using locks, aqueducts, bridges, tunnels. The kids have fun. The engineers are given cost - benefits to figure a real canal based on tools chosen. The Museum is bringing out all their vintage canal pictures and I will have thirty 7"x17” contact silver prints showing how I see it today. Ten of the images were commissioned by the museum for the show. This is my first museum show so things are pretty excited at our house.

“Friday October 24, 2008
Opening: Building America's Canals

"Come in and learn all about a historic form of transportation with this hands-on exhibit for children and families that explores the history and technology of transportation canals that were built in 19th-century America. John Powers uses a special 7”x17” camera to create stunning studies of the Ohio & Erie Canal today - on display at the WRHS from October 24 to mid-January.

“Wednesday, December 3, 2008 7:00pm
John Powers’ Ohio & Erie Canal Photographs

"John Powers uses a special 7”x17” camera to create stunning studies of the Ohio & Erie Canal which are on display at the WRHS. Learn from John how he composes his photos to show the fascinating results of the battle of age, the devastating effects of flood, neglect and nature on the canal - once a beautifully constructed work of engineering. Free with museum admission. “ http://www.wrhs.org/index.php/homepa...gramsandevents

John