Hi,

I hope you will excuse my beginner status in this question!

I've not done much in the way of exploring movements as yet but I'm now shooting in a enviroment where I'm finding it very difficult to achieve front to back depth of field and where usually I would assume that tilt would not be advised due to the near verticals in the photo as seen in these two examples (shot for illustration only). I am in effect needing to get sharp focus from the nearest point to me to the last point in the photo. Using Hansma's technique I have to stop very far down, diffraction territory and the resulting super slow speeds mean that the foliage is going to be blurred and I'll never be able to capture a similar human presence in the 2nd photo as I have here and as I wish to repeat.

I am using a 135mm with a 6X12 back giving a normal persepctive which I prefer to wide angle for architecture.

Do I tilt (or swing in the case of the 2nd one?) and stop down for DOF in the verticals assuming that I will have less to stop down and faster exposure time or is this a bad idea for a reason that in my ignorance I am still as yet unaware?

Many thanks for your suggestions.