Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
Darlene I don;t know if lithographs qualify for Media Mail Service which is cheaper postage.
Alan,
The items I sell do not qualify as Media Mail, and my clients almost always select Priority Mail because they want the items as soon as possible without paying for rush services.
International orders are different because the postage is so expensive. But thank you for the suggestion.

--

I posted the information as an example for those curious about why American sellers might hesitate to ship camera gear internationally. Trust me, it's not just about reluctance—it's about dealing with the expense and hassle.

Picture this: You've got to make a trip to the post office, likely after work or during your lunch break. Cue the long lines, with ten or more folks ahead of you, eyeing the clock like a ticking time bomb. Meanwhile, you've got two postal workers valiantly trying to keep up with the chaos, being courteous despite being swamped. Let's remember the joy of wrestling with customs paperwork as well. It's enough to make anyone think twice! Then there is the cost. It's just not worth it sometimes, folks. It was more accessible years ago, but that has all changed. Choosing shippers outside the USPS brings in broker fees, which can add $40+ to your shipment.

There is an insurance limit USPS implements on international packages of a maximum of $2,499, and it varies by country, but check with your local PO. A few years ago, I shipped an expensive camera to Switzerland, and I could not get USPS to insure it for its value. Sales paperwork had to be presented, and they said the limit was $2,499. I could have shipped FedEx or USPS, but their broker fee was quoted as $85, and their shipping fee was 3x USPS. What a hassle!