Hi All,

Im Jan, new on the forum here, based out of Europe. Have a couple of years experience shooting LF and maybe some 20 years shooting analog photography in 35mm and MF. Havent owned a LF but have had use of friends' cameras over the last couple of years so im not an expert by any means but i understand what I'm doing somewhat by now.

I would like to get my own 4x5. So i have two questions:

1) I have decided to get a linhof as, for a somewhat unusual reason, i have access to these at a discount (and second hand). I am going to buy one of the newest models albeit second hand, either the "new" MT3000 or the newest MT Classic. Am i correct in my understading that the Classic can do everything that the 3000 and the reason to get the 3000 is for extreme wide anbgle lenses however with helical mount lens boards, these can be used on the Classic? So, all in all, the only reason to choose the 3000 over the classic is because you do not need a RF?

2) Can I fit a 6x17 back (that is not the Technorama) on one of these two cameras with full functionality, and choice of lenses ?

I appreciate your time and knowledge helping me answer these questions.