Quote Originally Posted by Andy F View Post
Hi Mark,

I can not find the Wehman 8x10 at all on the web. It looks really interesting though. I will keep an eye out for it.

I did get lucky and recently found two old film holders in an acquaintance basement. One was an 8x10 fidelity but it is missing the two dark slides and it was dusty as all hell. The other was wooden. It was wrapped in plastic and it was really clean. The wooden one was called a sterling cut film holder and it was made by Kodak. They both need to be fixed however. They Sterling needs some sort of dark tape at the hinge because the tape that is there is all dried out.

Are all dark slides the same? Are fidelity elite, fidelity deluxe and graphflex the same size? If I buy them off the web will they fit?

--Andrew
8x10 dark slides aren't all the same---some are aluminum, but they should all be interchangeable.
At least the ones I've come across are interchangeable.
The ideal tape to use for a replacement on your Sterling film holder is bookbinders tape.
I have used gaffer's tape---'cause that's what I had. Gaffer's tape is useable but it's a bit too stiff when it comes to loading film, but it will work. Bookbinder's tape is preferred though.