Quote Originally Posted by ethics_gradient View Post
It sounds like you're doing it right, Borut Peterlin has a video or two on YT where he demonstrates the technique. Developing is much more tricky than the collodion pour (see below), uneven development can result from insufficient agitation or the collodion not being runny enough (can dilute with more alcohol to help it flow better).

Pour until the puddle is about 3/4 of the way out to the edges before you stop and start tilting it to each corner.

I started wet plate back in Australia where collodion is comparatively expensive (100mls for AUD$65) and it took me way too long to stop being too stingy with my pours. In the end I had to realise that saving a few mLs of collodion to make a bad plate is a false economy, and with technique you can recapture most of the overage in your pour-off bottle anyways.
Thank you for the feedback. It was actually one of Borut's videos that caused me to realize my developing technique may have been causing me issues. I also hear what you're saying about the false economy of being stingy on chemicals...I'm constantly guilty of that as well. Thanks again.