Hey guys!

This is my first thread over here - how exciting!

So I recently came across this petzval lens on an auction site. After a bid battle (I was the only bid) I snatched it at a really nice deal. There are no markings on the outside. As far as I know, and according to the seller, I'm its third owner. He also bought it at an auction and the seller then mentioned it was dated probably around 1890. It is in very nice shape, has some minor tiny wipe scratches and tiny dots that apparently can't be removed. Only major thing is a big scratch, but I don't mind that much. No fungus, and tiny tiny separation. Imo amazingly nice optical condition. According to the markings on the side of the front element, its 6 inches, and the previos seller metered it at f4. It only has an "N" engraved. Here are some reference pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	243954 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic4.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	243955 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	243956 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	243957 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic6.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	243958

I fashioned a couple of push-in caps with velvet for more LF-spice.

I now seek your guidance and knowledge on the topic: do you guys know where it might come from, who manufactured it, or something relevant about the history of this specific petzval? I believe it would be nice to know some of the background of this lens, as I intend to care for it moving forward.

Thanks a lot for ur time and info! I don't have a LF camera just yet but once I do, I'll let you in some pics I take with it.

Greetings from Costa Rica!

P.S.: If you have advice on how to trip the non-existent shutter or play around light for it's very wide aperture, do share it with me!