Hi guys,
I've been doing some research for my first 4x5 camera. I can afford the wooden field cameras like the Tachihara or the Shen Hao, and I've also been looking at the monorail Toyo 45CX.

I'm just wondering, is the Toyo 45CX more precise and stable in terms of movements and focusing compared to the wooden cameras?

I realize the Toyo is meant to be used differently than the wooden field cameras, however, I do not plan to go backpacking with any of the cameras, so really weight is not an issue. (Seriously, I'm not that picky - I don't need a 2 pound camera - I can handle a 10 pound camera out in the field, but I won't be doing it much at all). The camera will stay with me at home most of the time, in my studio and around the house, and maybe out on different locations a few times, close to my car.

So I guess my newbie question is:
Since the Toyo has geared focusing, and well, it's not a woodfield camera made of wood and brass, should I assume it'll be more precise in the studio due to geared focusing and the fact that it's a monorail? Just wondering what you guys think. Thanks for any replies.

- Rob