Adam, you will get recommendations pretty much running the spectrum, we are all different. I will try to concentrate on things you have posted: you want to fit the camera into a backpack and go out on your mountain bike, and elsewhere you mention you like "good" equipment within your price range. (Quick side thought based on the mountain bike: figure out how you will carry the tripod, everything else can fit into the backpack).

Based on your "quality" comment, I personally would not go the press camera route. Many recommend press cameras for beginners because they are inexpensive, but they are also limited in the movements they offer. They were designed, as the name says, for use by press photographers before 35mm cameras became the norm. Think of "Weegee" as a prime exemplar. So they were not designed to be as flexible as a "real" field camera. You may never need the extra movements, but you need to be aware that if you go that route you are building in certain limitations from the start. (The exception is the Linhof Technika series, absolutely gorgeously produced cameras, but they weigh a ton!)

For backpacking, the wooden folders can't be beaten. You should add Wista to your list. I usually look at the KEH.com website. Without pushing any source more than others, a number of Forum members have used KEH (I'm one) and their quality ratings are conservative (i.e. the product is often in even better condition than their rating) and they honor their return policy if you are unsatisfied. At this moment they had two cameras which caught my eye, but neither perfect for your requirements. They have a ZoneVI for under $700. The ZoneVI cameras are very nice wooden folders, but trade off weight for some extra strength, so it is heaver, for example, than a Wista Field. They have a Sinar Alpina monorail for under $200. The Sinars are excellent cameras, even though the Alpina was their cheapest (and lightest) version. I backpacked a similar Sinar F1 for a bunch of years. But since it is not a folder, it is somewhat awkward to fit into a backpack, and the rail would be sticking out. And not as light as a woodie. My point here is to show that you will have a range of options, each with some advantages and disadvantages.

As for needed accessories, again you have lots of suggestions. Just looking at what has already been posted, I also avoid the darkcloth and use a black tee shirt, I have used both and prefer the shirt! I do not use a focus loop, but then I'm nearsighted, so without glasses I focus well by eye on ground glass. I liked Two23's list, although he didn't mention the cost of the 4x5 holders, obviously you need a few of those. And many of the cameras have leveling bubbles built in, I have a little plastic level in my kit but rarely need it, I use the bubbles on my camera.