I'm looking for any advice about using filters for LF photography, specifically using a UV-Haze filter. I recently purchased an excellent set of lenses that had B+W UV-Haze F-Pro filters and Tiffen UV-Haze filters attached. The lenses also all had a step up ring to 77mm for some reason. (Any guesses as to why 77mm? The guy who sold me the lenses was selling it for his father and didn't know why.)

Anyway, I was originally thinking of ditching the Tiffen filters for something better, even though they look like they're in great shape. (Are Tiffen UV-Haze filters bad?) Then I did a little research wondering if I even needed any filters and found that there are two general camps - 1.) Those who think filters are essential for protecting your lenses, and 2.) Those that think filters are a waste of money and will degrade your image quality, however slightly.

However, a lot of the argument was based on digital sensors, not LF photography.

So what do you guys think? Should I be using a UV-Haze filter with my lenses or no? Should I upgrade the included Tiffen UV-Haze filters to B+W UV-Have F-Pro filters?

Thanks!